Introducing Smart Rules 🧠

As others have already noted (FX rules, merchant name)

but another niche use case would be nice for automatically normalizing spend across multiple cards.
E.g. I have already spent £50 on my Tesco card so it now start spending on my Capital One Card. After reaching £50 again on my Capital One, move spending to Starling, and so on.

This is mainly for people who want to “water all their plants”, to keep their credit cards active and balance out credit utilisation across their credit portfolio. This should in theory increase credit limit and therefore credit score over time.

2 Likes

Based on others’ advice above about configuring >€1 or >£1 etc as a currency selector, if one wants to block GBP, couldn’t one configure >£1 to be charged to an existing Creation card? Given that Creation now blocks Curve as a merchant and has cancelled all accounts of Curve users, the transaction would fail.

1 Like

Hi again everyone, thanks for this incredible feedback so far- It’s great to see everyone testing the feature so fast and being excited to see how we can improve it!

I’ve now created a separate topic specifically for feedback that you’d like to have passed on to our product team regarding this feature so that our team have better visibility on this. :grin:

if you have extra feedback to give then please provide it here.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Smart Rules Feedback

Hello, it may happen if you have for example a debit card and a credit card. With my debit card I pay immediately. With my credit card I will be charged next month. It is so with these cards in France at least :smiley:

OK, it works the same in Poland (and I think everywhere where you have debit/credit card) but still - do you differentiate which card you use based on the amount? In my case it’s rather: pay for everything with credit card and use debit to draw cash from ATM (because there are no fees, lol; though recently I’m using BLIK instead of debit card so that’s that).

1 Like

this is a new and great feature. my question is, can i set a rule that says: when i shop at amazon, use a specific card? that would be so great.

1 Like

Merchant specific rules are not yet there.

1 Like

I think a category rule might be able to do that. i justt noticed that there is a category called “cash withdrawal” that you could route to debit card

Strange enough, the same category is called “finance” in the rest of the app so I am not sure what else it could catch.

1 Like

Hey @Corduroy, this is a great idea! Can you please let us know whether this solution works if you test it @wojtek?

ohh. ok. :unamused:

I don’t think so, as anti-embarrassment mode still works with smart rules, so if you try to intentionally use a rejected credit card, it will use one of the backup cards. I wish it was possible to disable anti-embarrassment mode as part of a smart rule.

Not familiar with smart rules yet.
Maybe someone knows - is it possible to add rule, that next purchase should use next linked card, after that, switch to next and so on.
Since soon there will be only 2 cards in free tier, what I want to shuffle linked cards automatically.