iOS 3.4.11 (810) Beta

Hey everyone :wave:

iOS Curve 3.4.11 (810) will be pushed out to beta users shortly. We’ve made a lot of updates in this version (some are only visible to beta users for now) and it includes the following changes / fixes:

• New app colours have arrived! If you do not see the new colours, fully terminate the app and reopen - this action may need to be repeated twice. The new colours have a light and dark theme, to switch between the two, go to your Phone Settings > Display & Brightness > Choose Light / Dark. This is available to beta users only for this release, whilst we finalise the UI for the new app colours - please share your thoughts and feedback below regarding the new design.
  • You can now copy your Curve card number to the pasteboard. To do this, tap on show card details on the account screen and tap the Curve card number to copy.
  • Minor bug fixes for login / sign-up.
  • Fixed an issue with navigation to the Curve Fronted screen when tapping on a notification.

We use Feature Flags, which means some of you might be able to access functions that aren’t listed above. They might disappear again while we work on them some more. :ghost:

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed

You can also share feedback by taking a screenshot and using the Share Beta Feedback option in TestFlight.

Thanks,
Saul

2 Likes

Love the new colours!!

Saul, the colour change - no change to my app from changing the phone to ‘dark mode’. I’ve closed the app a couple of times and still no difference.

Installed and testing.

Does this mean that the color pattern depends on the general configuration of the phone using the dark/light theme? No specific configuration for Curve app?

To me, this is a bad idea. I am partially color blind and the red fonts over black background is really a terrible combination, very hard to see for me, but I want to have the global phone dark theme.

Ignore me as I’ve now turned my phone off and on again and then closed and opened the app a couple of times for it to work!

Why are light and dark themes bonded to iOS light/dark setting? Should be a switch inside the app.

I don’t like the new themes anyway. Too much contrast.

2 Likes

Agree completely with this. I am not sure why iOS doesn’t have the same colour theme for the app as Android appears to have? It would be handy to have a theme choice within the app itself and not dependant on if the phone has been changed to ‘dark mode’ (which personally I never use!)

Hahaha okay, forgive me for my comment above! I turned the dark mode off (as I forgot - shows I don’t use it) and it’s changed to the same as android!

But, would be good still to choose the theme within the app settings. Give everyone a choice!

Thanks for your feedback so far everyone :raised_hands: this is super helpful for us!

There is a way to manually switch between light and dark themes in the app, but it still needs some refinement and is currently only accessible amongst the developers. We’re considering making this available as a switch in the profile settings, but wanted some feedback on this first.

If anyone is experiencing difficulties using the latest build (810) due to colour contrast issues, I’ve made another build (784) available for you to use. This is identical in every way to (810) except the Feature Flag for enabling the new colours isn’t switched on.

1 Like

Hi @saul,
I would have preferred Blue, I was fond of it. The new theme is nice, but that red out of place. I would prefer to choose an alternative dark mode in the app.

The Android app offers the choice of light, dark or system defined (ie when dark mode switches on/off systemwide), which I think covers things quite nicely.

Thanks Saul, I switched to 784.

What does the red dot mean? I cannot see anything new in the wallet.

@Oliverda I think this is a bug. It was added when we wanted to highlight the new Profile screen (which was accessible from the Wallet). The Profile screen has now moved to the Account tab, so this badge doesn’t make sense anymore. Thanks for highlighting

Ah okay, be good to see the sane implemented on iOS!

I’ve just shown to my girlfriend (not on BETA) and she prefers the dark (current) version… perhaps the option as I mentioned above might not be such a a bad idea? Perhaps even what’s been mentioned, same colours as the card that you have? Just putting that out there…

There is a missing thing:

They’ve taken the ‘hidden’ out of that sentence to the full there…

I agree. The red on the dark background doesn’t work at all. The old colour was much easier on the eyes.

1 Like

Thanks, we’ve got a fix for this, plus a couple other issues that will be released soon.

Upgraded to 894, but the red dot is still there on the wallet icon.