Is there any support available on weekends?

Does anyone know if there’s support available on weekends? I am not able to log in since yesterday, been told my app would log out and I would be able to log in but that didn’t happen and now I can change cards.

Yes, support is available during the weekend, from their Twitter Profile (@askcurve):

Official account for all your Curve queries. Tweet or drop us a DM any time between 9am-6pm, any day of the week and we’ll get back to you ASAP!

Could you elaborate a little bit on your exact issue? Uninstall your app, install it again and get a Magic Link by email does not work?

Thanks, I will try there.

Could you elaborate a little bit on your exact issue? Uninstall your app, install it again and get a Magic Link by email does not work?

Tried to uninstall/reinstall, restore from my Titanium Backup, install again from scratch to no avail. As soon as I enter the app, I go and choose login (doesn’t matter if it’s Google or via email), it goes to a screen asking for my passcode (which I do remember) but it doesn’t log me in, it gives me a “Something’s gone wrong. There was an error. Please try again!”.

Hey @emontes, were you able to get in touch with support about this? They should have been able to reset your passcode for you.

Yes,I did ,today is the 10th day I can’t access the app at all.
Just to add a bit more: had already 3 or 4 responses via email and Twitter, I’ve been told the team is investigating but 10 days? Nearly giving up to be honest.