January Launch FAQs

I applied for the beta group access via the request page. This doesn’t seem to have been applied yet. @Curve_Marie would you mind taking a look? Thank you!! :smiley:

Hi, regarding amex beta 3rd wave. I topped up my amex wallet last week, but the amex balance is still £0?

HI @Curve_Marie,
I’m also a beta tester can I be added to the hidden group also?
Thank you
Will

Finally the update gives me the possibility of adding Amex as well. And what now? My Amex is one of the rare Amex‘ that is not supported by Curve… i am a happy customer. NOT.

Which Amex is that (for curiosities sake)?

Please join the conversation Bug Reports - Android v.2.1.1 and Bug Report - iOS v.3.0.1. It’s much easier than waiting to join the group, can’t keep up with the requests and the moment :sweat_smile:

Cc: @Will @KrisBv1 @JamesH

2 Likes

Posted this question elsewhere but Marie asked that I bring it here.

As a Beta tester, I understand I can pay the £150 Metal annual fee, and then email customer services for a credit. Is this credit two or four months?

@YorkshirePudding BENELUX American Express Gold…

1 Like

Benelux as in Belgium-Netherlands-Luxembourg?

Only UK issued Amex cards are currently accepted with EU cards to roll-out at some point in the future…

1 Like

@stevenhp1987 Yeah its Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

I am wondering if this is the final Deal for AMEX or if you are still working to get AMEX integrated like Visa and MasterCard, without topping up?

1 Like

It’s for the remaining 2 months so you’ll have 4 months for free as a token of our gratitude for Beta testing :smile:

Sorry, how do I get 4 months for free as gratitude? You give me a refund of 2 months means I have paid for 13 months.

If I was a brand new customer, I could pay the single annual fee for 15 months. Under no calculation have I had 4 months for free. The messaging here has been shady at best.

Beta testers who paid the annual fee had 2 months for free compared to having paid monthly. We would like to give all our Beta testers 4 months. If you contact Customer Support they will refund you 2 months so the total will be 4.

How does it work with the 6 months free Curve Black?

Me and my wife upgraded to Curve Black… we both paid £9.99 (pending payment from Stripe on our Amex cards…) and it says next payment is 28th February…

We’ve both sent support tickets. Should the free 6 months not have been applied automatically?

Hello. Find this two statements quite contradictory. It was mentioned that we get charged when the top up occurs. So if we are on a Black Trial, we get free top ups up to 1000. But if we decided (not that i have decided yet) to go back to grandfathered. I will be charge on whatever is left in my wallet and not what i top up after?

When paying monthly you don’t need to do anything :slight_smile: We will send you an email before any future charges.

Thank you for spotting that, I’ve updated the text.

1 Like

What about the pending £9.99 charges for upgrading to black, I assume these will be cancelled / refunded as the first 6 months are free?

@Curve_Marie Can I ask. The 90 day introductory offer for 1% Cashback on 6 chosen retailers is only for 90 days and that it? Or do the rewards carry on after that 90 days to something difference?

Hmm I hadn’t spotted this bit before. Given the charge occurs at time of top-up and this has already occurred I wouldn’t have thought any charge should be applicable. Further topups would incur a 0.65% fee with no free limit on Legacy Black, but I can’t see how or why any charge would apply to the existing wallet balance - @Curve_Marie would you mind clarifying please?