Maestro card support

Why doesn’t Curve support Maestro cards? Everyone that supports MasterCard seems to also support maestro and some banks issue only maestro cards.

As a specific example, I have 3 cards tied to my main bank account, all of them maestro and I can use them anywhere, even online purchases without issue, only Curve doesn’t support them

6 Likes

In the Netherlands there are lots of merchants that do not support Mastercard or Visa but do support Maestro. So for me as a Dutchy it would be even more interesting if the Curve card itself would be Maestro and I would be able to have underlying Mastercards and Visa-cards.

15 Likes

Yeah, for me the problem is the opposite, here in Portugal all cards are accepted everywhere but some of the underlying cards are maestro.

Probably if Curve were to start working on implementing maestro support, we could have both maestro working as an underlying card as well as the curve card itself being a maestro as an option

3 Likes

It’s is on the roadmap :slight_smile: Use your vote and thanks for creating this topic so other customers can show their interest as well!

9 Likes

Any news about Maestro support?

2 Likes

Not yet. Might have some more news in 6 months time. You can stay up-to-date on what we are currently working on here: https://community.curve.com/tags/monthly-update :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really looking forward to Maestro support. It would mean some more cards out of my wallet :smile:

9 Likes

I’ve litterally only ever seen 1 Maestro card in my life but its easy enough to do I don’t see why it shouldn’t be added.

2 Likes

Visit the Netherlands(, Germany or Belgium) and you will see many many more :slightly_smiling_face:. And if you are there try to make a payment in a local store in a random village with your VISA or MasterCard…

5 Likes

The Netherlands is infact where I saw a Maestro card, I didn’t have any issues paying with Mastercard but then again I was in a big city the majority of the time.

1 Like

I changed to a bank that has mastercard cards so I could use it in Curve :joy: CGD in Portugal usually gives Maestro debit cards

1 Like

Just wondering if there are any views on other payment network such as Discover, JCB, etc.

1 Like

In fact, the German Maestro cards aren’t actually Maestro, they’re just co-branded with Maestro. So when you pay with the German card in your corner shop, you’re not using the Maestro network, but a local EC-card/Girocard network. The consequence of this is that they won’t accept a Maestro card issued abroad unless they also accept other card types (they rarely do).

1 Like

i just opened my curve account today and was very very sad that it didnt support my maestro debit account. i really hope curve will have a maestro support very soon so i can maximize my curve card and also less cards in my wallet

1 Like

Living in the Netherlands, there is no way to use Curve without Maestro support. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

you could try this: https://www.bunq.com/travel-bank-account

2 Likes

They probably meant that many stores in the Netherlands only accept Maestro/V-Pay and therefore Curve, which is a Mastercard, can’t be used in those stores.

1 Like

I am also looking forward for Maestro cards to be supported in future, as there are few banks in Croatia which offer Maestro cards only.

3 Likes

Same for me - where I live (in the Netherlands), most stores only accept Maestro; no Mastercard or Visa, so Curve will only become useful for me when it starts supporting Maestro.

2 Likes

Wouldnt that require the Curve card to actually be a Maestro based card rather than a Mastercard one?

4 Likes