Maestro card support

Agree , Italy, Germany and I would say Holland too have main market occupied by Maestro cards.

In Germany most cards are co-branded as Maestro or vPay Cards, but there is no Card Number on them. Unfortunately the main application on these cards is called ‘girocard’ and is only usable in Germany.

1 Like

In the Netherlands also Maestro cards don’t have numbers on them, but ‘behind the scenes’ they actually have the same kind of number as a Credit card and even a CVV/CVC. I have a certain Dutch Maestro card without numbers on it, but the number and CVV/CVC for that card can be found in my banking app.

2 Likes

No maestro support yet?
My problem, in italy, linke in Portugal is that there are 90% maestro debit

1 Like

When Maestro card will be supported? Will be possible during 2020?

1 Like

The only official answer we have as of January 2020:

It’s under investigation, so, not a priority…I guess we won’t have maestro card support in 2020.

1 Like

Yes completely agree

+1 for maestro!! That would be a game changer, also for some friends & colleagues!
Fingers crossed!

Would be great if I could link my Dutch bank account (which comes with a Maestro card) to Curve.

Maestro cards and Amex cards are fundamental.

Also keeping in mind, that its much cheaper to charge Maestro cards for Curve, so Curve would make a bigger profit when we use our Curve Mastercard and they only have to charge a Maestro underlying card

2 Likes

Maybe curve can offer the option for you to get a plastic curve card which is a maestro card which solves problems like going to Netherlands etc and still use the same power of curve aswell as curve allowing maestro to be added on curve app like they do mastercard and visa

1 Like

The Curve card being a Maestro-card and a MasterCard at the same time would serve me even better :wink: :point_down:t2:

i would even pay for a card being a maestro and mastercard at the same time! curve, please do it! it would help not only for a loads of customers in the netherlands, belgium, austria etc., but also for a lot of visitors travelling to the netherlands, belgium, austria etc. who wants to pay by card at a local store, but without a maestro needs to leave without the goods to find an atm… i would be also ok with a “one account, more cards” approach as well, just support maestro somehow

1 Like

I totally agree with this. It is very frustrating for visitors to the Netherlands when a supermarket etc accepts only Maestro. Although my German bank account has a Maestro debit card, the Apple Pay version of it is MasterCard, so it’s not accepted in the Netherlands. Perhaps Curve could allow an Apple Pay Maestro card to be created for visitors to these countries, which would save the cost of issuing separate physical cards.

2 Likes

GooglePay too, please. :wink:

1 Like

+1 Maestro. Curve is useless without Maestro in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Make curve a dual scheme card, because a lot of german/dutch Merchants only accept Maestro and VPay.

Like German Fidor SmartCard
MasterCard incl. Maestro in one card
or
Like German IKEA Kreditkarte
VISA incl. VPay in one card

That will be great!

4 Likes

Also in Italy, we need that. Most of our banks use maestro cards.

That can be voted for here: