MBNA now blocking Curve?

It seems that MBNA and the wider Lloyds banking group have now started to block curve.

1 Like

I obviously have already spoken to MBNA and there is no fraud block on the account. And I have plenty of funds available.

I can make transactions on the MBNA card perfectly fine but unable to add it into my curve wallet since upgrading back to metal. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

No issues for me paying with a Halifax credit card as the underlying card.

2 Likes

Your lucky. I’ve just rejoined the metal plan and tried to add my MBNA card back in and it won’t work. The support response wasn’t the best.

I did reply and they told me to delete the card and then re-add it in. Highly hilarious considering I cannot add the card in at all what so ever.

I used my MBNA issued card no worries over the last few days, UK and overseas purchases

I can’t even add the card to the app though.

It’s not even a fraud issue, I’m wondering if this is due to new stronger authentication issues and curve with underlying card providers ?

1 Like

Do you have online (e-commerce) transactions enabled on your MBNA card? :thinking:

Gotten to the bottom of this.

Other half had logged into my app and frozen my card instead of theirs.

I literally didn’t think to check this!

2 Likes

I was reading this thread beginning to get worried! :wink: I’m glad to hear you managed to figure out the cause of the declines.

2 Likes

I just used my MBNA Card on Curve to spend £4800.00 in one go. No problems here.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:out of the threads I have ever read from curve summary, this must be the funniest outcome to date

2 Likes

Haha yep. The joy of working night shifts in icu and lack of communication at home

2 Likes

@Curve_Joel can you lock this topic to stop new responses, as its a solved issue please ?

1 Like