Metal Insurance Phone damage

Hi,
I broke my smartphone screen and I tried to contact Axa if it is possible to have a compensation. By phone +33 1 70 75 12 18 the line was closed yesterday and today it is opened but no one is answering (waited for >1 hour…).
I filled out a form online but the same none got back to me / same by email at help@axa-assistance.co.uk

Is the someone has the same issue with them?
I am interested if you had compensation by them about broken or lost phone.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Will,

It can take a few days before someone get back to you via email from axa insurance. Before special days and directly after it will probably take longer before you get a response because most people are on vacation.

here are the parts from the document.

3 Likes

Thank you for the details
Wait and see :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just to let you know, I contacted AXA UK on Twitter. Someone directly called back and was able to raise the claim.
I am now waiting for first step validation.

At the end I’ll you know the full process for who are interested :wink:

3 Likes

Would be interested to know how the claim goes, speed, etc.

3 Likes

This is very useful thank you but seems like anywhere you can only travel to half the continents from that description :joy:

I have received an email saying I will have to wait 15-20 working days because they have delay…

The internet review about the mobile phone insurance claims.

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:Bad to hear… I hope I will not experience the depreciation too. I bought my phone on Oct 19th… Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Hello everyone,

Just a “quick” feedback about the phone damage insurance with Axa worked for me…
I broke the screen on my smartphone on december and there were several damages inside which make the phone more expensive to repair than the price itself…

28/12 : I tried to contact Axa by phone (UK and FR landlines), the line was closed lol (good start !), so I reported the claim by the online form https://eu.claims.axa.travel/ and help@axa-assistance.co.uk
29/12 : I tried again to reach Axa by phone, the line was opened but never get any answer after an hour waiting…
30/12 : Contact Axa UK on twitter and Axa called me back, they asked about information about the damages, IMEI how it happened, price, date of invoice etc.
03/01 : Received an email explaining delays (about 15 to 20 business days)
05/01 : Received a call, asking for the circumstances of damage, price of phone, when it was bought etc. They asked, document (invoice with IMEI, price estimate to fix it, IBAN/BIC) to send by email.
14/01 : I contacted Axa through twittter again to ask how my claim is going. Someone called me back to confirm the status and then received an email to confirm 800€ refund (the price of the smartphone is higher and the phone was bought on October so there is no depreciation).
I will receive the amount directly on my account in a week.

Note :

• If you want to reach Axa by phone, ask Axa UK on twitter to call you back (with the claim number)
  • If you leave in EU, there is a limit of 800€ (instead of 800£ on the policy…)
  • Phone assistance and email never answer ! Don’t forget to fill the online form to make sure to have proof you claimed on time !

I hope my experience will help !

3 Likes

Glad it worked out quickly for you.

btw, did you say they gave you 800 euros to fix the screen ??

thanks