Missing Refund

I’ve joined the community because Curve aren’t answering me this week. I’ve loved it since I first got my Metal card and thought CS was great. However in the past couple of months I’ve had emails saying they have found refunds in some kind of limbo and need to get me to give the last 4 numbers of the underlying card. Fair enough, I should have noticed, but when the retailer emails me with details of a refund I assume it’s going back on the card. These weren’t large amounts fortunately and I got them back. However, a transaction for over £200 that John Lewis refunded me in October still hasn’t appeared on my Amazon Mastercard. I’m really worried that maybe other amounts have been lost. They said last week they would investigate and I’ve heard nothing and asked for an update, and again no reply. I’m only using it for small sums now and using PayPal or the actual card for big transactions. I know at some point I’m going to have to sit down and check every refund. Not sure where to go with this?

I had the same issue - it seems they sometimes have to process refunds manually and there can be big delays.

I avoid using curve for a transaction that might be refunded

1 Like

I’m sorry you had that expiernace and if you don’t hear back, please contact them via Twitter as they’ve very responsive there.

I think its rather hit and miss but I’ve always had refunds processed within 24 hours and then another 24 hours back to my card - sometimes even on Saturday’s. I believe they’re about to update the way they process refunds so hopefully this doesn’t occur in future.

1 Like

Good advice thanks, I’ve learned my lesson.

I reactivated my Twitter as you suggested and hopefully they will get in touch

interesting - have exactly the same issue. A refund that still hasnt appeared anywhere on Curve 2 weeks after it was processed in store. Have never had such an issue with any other card. Agree - best no to use for refunds!

1 Like

Refund is still a mess, the whole process is highly unreliable. You have to follow the transaction if you want to make sure that you’re gonna get your money back.

3 Likes

I’m really pissed off because I usually order clothes from JL and order two sizes, one of which will go back. If I stop using Curve for large amounts that may be returned that will impact my cash back. Found another one where Amazon Pay processed a refund last Monday and Curve still have my money. I’m going to have to find the time to trace all my refunds and see none are lost.

Well Twitter worked and they say they are going to credit me. I don’t have much confidence when they ask which card I used, they should be telling me? Amazon seems to be an issue. I had to chase up an Amazon Pay transaction too. And sometimes my Cashback points for Amazon don’t go on. I’m going to have to go though all my refund emails and make sure they all came back to me. I would notice a big amount but how many 9.99 or 19.99 transactions have gone under the wire?

Similar issues with a number of refunds. I use the Curve card 5 constantly. On our recent trip to the US where we have a holiday home I got refunds over our 11 week stay. Noticed they hadn’t been refunded to my Virgin Atlantic card. Contacted support who said they had the refunds but they weren’t appearing on my Virgin Atlantic card because they hadn’t been matched. Eventually went through but now I’ve lost confidence in the refund process and think I may have missed a few more. Not good enough. If Curve receive the refunds they should ensure they are processed correctly or should contact me if there is some sort of “matching” Problem. Feeling pretty uncomfortable about the whole refund process.

2 Likes

I’m only using it now for food shops. I won’t be renewing once the year is up.

I had the same problem with a refund from Matalan. It had been 2 weeks and still no money, then out of the blue I received an email from Curve support saying they had received a refund, but couldn’t trace the original transaction to refund against. Having provided them with the last 4 digits of a card to refund, it will still apparently take another 4-5 days to receive the cash. Overall, not a very speedy service. I also think refunded amounts should appear at the top of the transaction list, instead of updating the original, which could be weeks ago

what do you mean by ‘follow the transaction’ - any advice appreciated - as have same issue!

I mean you have to keep in mind that there is a pending issue.

I’ve noticed in the past that Curve never automatically refund you what is yours, you have to chase over and over again and just like magic on the day you have chased your funds get refunded.

Below is a timeline of my latest transaction:

March 17 - Emailed Curve to let them know I was expecting this refund. They acknowledged that once a refund is received they process it within 24 hours and it should hit my account 1-5 working days
March 18 - Hotel Refunded £720.
March 23 Emailed Curve to ask where my refund was as my underlying bank had not seen it either. Apparently they could not find it. Also get told AGAIN how it should take 1-5 days.
April 3 I send another chaser together with a copy of the receipt from the Hotel. SURPRISE SURPRISE curve have found the transaction. Curve confirmed this had been processed and I would receive it in 1-5 days
April 8 Curve wanted to close this ticket as they assumed the problem had been solved I told them to leave it open until I actually receive the refund
April 11 Curve once again want to close the ticket. I tell them I have still NOT received my refund
April 14 Jake notifies me that my refund has only now just been processed and will not take a further 7-10 working days. After requesting someone to call me back to tell me exactly what is going on he tells me that it was incorrctly processed on the April 3 and now he had done a manual refund. What ever that meant
TODAY April 27 3 chaser emails to support and now NO RESPONSE

Not sure what else there is that I can do to and really don’t want a response telling me to DM them or Twitter then. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

yikes. I had plenty of refunds (authorization holds, etc) but never an issue so far.
Sorry, one time they asked on which card do I want my refund back.

This is not to protect them, but you seem to hit some bad Curve-karma? :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s beacuse you’re a Crowdfunding Investor? Maybe it’s just poor customer service? I guess only time will tell whether they survive as a business :slight_smile:

I seriously doubt it’s linked anyhow to Investor status. I’ve been using it since a loooong time even before crowdfunding began. But anyways, the big picture counts. :slight_smile:

The support can’t see my refund made over 3 weeks ago

I know it dont take 3 weeks for refund to reach the card

I really dont trust curve to do the refunds correctly. I only use them for normal transactions in shops. Refunds have always been the pain factor of using curve and always will be.