More Metal Benefits?

Totally agree tier subscriptions require looking at as some people are age barred from insurances etc.

I saw in one of the updates,it’s going to be an option for credit? Sound very interesting specially for the investors or metal subscribers like me.:partying_face::gift:

I believe that the options we have now that very good for the price and the product that Curve brought to us. It’s true that others the stepped up a bit, but we need to have patience and more will be coming our way.

1. Think, so far how many companies besides Apple gives your the option to have multiple cards in one.
  2. Keeping in mind the first 1 option. Soon we probably have a credit on the same card what Apple made just for US so far. How many companies will give this options?
  3. In time the perks will increase because smartly for the curve market.
  4. So far you pay the subscription but you get rewarded on the long term…think about it. Do not forget you have a nice insurance with all that cards that you use. I do have
  5. Soon you can have it on Apple Pay one card for all :partying_face:
  6. Are so many benefits just because it’s Curve and more will arrive soon but with patience
    7… many benefits if you think, in just ONE CARD

Breakdown cover would be great

To be honest, Curve Metal seems very good if you’re a traveller, just not as good if you don’t frequently travel outside of your country. Having something like UK & European Breakdown cover, like FlexPlus for example, makes Metal better for those who don’t travel abroad.

I also remember Curve Metal being touted as a Card for VIPs, though, just a card being metal alone, isn’t enough for this I believe.
Adding a Concierge Service as a cool feature which someone mentioned above, and possibly something like Priority/Higher level support (whether for both Black & Metal or not) would make metal feel more ‘Exclusive’

Other than those, Curve Cash could be a little more useful than it is now, with things like variable % rates on more retailers, or all purchases. Being able to exchange Curve Cash into vouchers/gift cards (both ideas which I believe were previously mentioned) and being able to easily top up Curve cash and such.

3 Likes

Curve need to improve the product offering for both Black and Metal customers - and not just those who travel a lot.

At the moment, there is little benefit to most customers to continue subscribing.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what your obsession is with Apple Pay and the Apple Card or how it will benefit many customers (especially those without iPhones)

The current subscription offerings are not good enough.

Most firms tend to offer generous offerings at launch and reduce benefits as they grow. This is what Curve need to do.

You are wrong in thinking the perks will otherwise increase over time.

If they don’t increase the vfm of their products soon, Curve will have a lot fewer paying customers.

3 Likes

Are you serious here? Are you not sure how Apple Pay will benefice many customers? I think the answer to that is self-explanatory according for the 354 coments the “ApplePay When?” entrance has. Or the many other entrances about Apple Pay.
And yes, you are right with the fact the Apple Pay won’t be beneficial for Android users…so, what then?
Again man, are you aware of how many IPhones are out there?

2 Likes

I was talking specifically about @Gabriel’s post where he mentions Apple three times in 7 points about why he though paying for a Curve now was a good idea.

Obviously, Curve will launch Apple Pay sometime this year and it will benefit some customers and will be a basic omission if Curve don’t have it by the time they launch in the USA.

Though perhaps not as many as you think - there are only two countries where iPhones usage is dominant - the USA and Japan - neither of which are in Europe… and only a small % of Apple users use it. Also, the Apple Card is only available in North America.

However, my point remains that even with Apple Pay support added, the paid for tiers that exist don’t offer enough value to most Black and Metal users.

5 Likes

I think a higher level of gadget insurance. Maybe you could link your gadgets to the insurance so they were covered up to their value rather than £800. I would think anyone using the metal subscription has a phone worth more than this.

I would also like to see the ability for a second card to be issued under the metal account for my spouse

The ability to order currency through the app would be great too

4 Likes

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and it’s worth more than 50% of this!

Looking at everything everyone has said about this. The ones that normally reach the most likes and agreement from people are ones that affect metal in everyday spending. There are loads of great ideas and great perks already for travel, but when you’re spending as much money as you do for Curve Metal, you want to be able to use the benefits everyday! I think benefiting users in everyday use (concierge for booking things, breakdown cover, better cash-back, random daily/monthly rewards and freebies, credit) should be the next big thing within Curve Metal.

5 Likes

I am trying to compare paying for Curve Metal v packaged bank accounts like Nationwide Flex Plus. Etc.

Update: I’ll go through this thread now to remove off topic posts, specifically the ones on the 3 year mobile contracts.

2 Likes

An absloute must (for some of us) is the ability to disable “benefits”.

For example the insurance options complicate my (much better) existing arrangements - I need to be able to opt out.

4 Likes

I’m going to support:

1. Cashback improvements (either all retailers, or the official ability to change retailers regularly).

2. Removal of weekend surcharge on foreign exchanges

3. Removal of £50 replacement fee to something more reasonable

6 Likes

Apologies for the topic being reopened.

Concierge service would be a nice addition to us to make bookings and to get tickets for events in the future please?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Making FX transactions free at weekends

a real equivalent to amex offers with weekly/monthly money/curve credit back on transactions at targeted retailers/websites etc would entice me to upgrade to metal.

Higher level of gadget insurance £800 isn’t enough for most high end mobiles or tablets which is what the core user is likely to have, for me it’s and iPhone and iPad. Also I believe it doesn’t cover accidental damage and just theft and loss so that could be a differentiation/improvement.

2 Likes

Out of interest why does having curve insurance affect your other superior product?

As long as you were only to claim on one product is there really an issue?

My suggestions for Metal benefits:

1. Cashback improvements - at least 1% across all spending (limited to prevent exploitation).

2. Free virtual/disposable cards for online transactions.

3. Free breakdown insurance - Suggest AutoAid scheme.

4. Improved gadget insurance cover - suggest at least £1000.

5. Improved collision wavier insurance (currently only insured if the hire car rental purchase price is less than €35000) - suggest this needs increasing to cover anything above a compact premium car.

6. Free airport lounge access for delayed flights (>1hr) and at least 1 free Lounge pass per year.

4 Likes