My payment card needs to be verified

It’s been since early November that I’m trying to add my debit card on Curve app and I can’t do it.

The first time I run the app, i input all the necessary info (name, surname, card digits, etc) needed, and I got stuck in the last step where it couldn’t add my card.

Since then, everytine I run the app, it asks for me to input the cvv, and when I do it, it recognise it as a wrong or expired one, and it asks me to input all necessary info all over the beginning.

Today Curve support finally replied to me telling me that I have successfully added a payment card but it’s not verified and I must do so.
In order to do that, I need to click on the payment card and follow the instructions to verify it, and then they’ll send a code starting with C-xxxxxx to my bank statement, and I must input this code into the app to verify your payment card.

The problem as I wrote before is that I don’t have access to any of the app’s features, so I can’t click on the payment card and follow the instructions as instructed.

Any help on what should I do, since the support send to be so busy and I guess they’ll need another month or two to reply to my email saying?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hey @tsiftsism sorry for missing your post! It sounds like there might be an issue with your account - I know it’s always the suggested solution but have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Did support get back to you on this once you replied?