New card won't activate now Curve are asking for photo id?

So I lost my card before the Wirecard fiasco. During that time I got my new card and tried to activate it. The app wouldn’t accept my card activation number. So I reached out to Curve who told me to delete app update it and reinstall it. Did that still no joy. I then was told to delete a card from app and add it again to verify it. I did this and still can’t activate my new card.

So after a number of emails another advisor tells me I will need to send them phot id to verify myself and get my card activated. What the hell is that about? I’ve been with Curve from the start had very few issues. I only have three cards on the app and they’re verified by my bank. Why all of a sudden do I need id?

Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but I need to update my old id and that costs money I don’t have right now. All this for a prepaid credit card?

Is this right? They do not mention any need for id or why they can’t do a soft credit check to verify me or chekc my bank card details to verify me that way. I’m so pissed at Curve right now and the slow demise of this service.

What the hell is going on at Curve?

1st It’s not a prepaid card.
2nd It’s not a credit card.
3rd Either you provide the picture ID as they requested or you’ll be blocked from using the service that Curve offers you until you do, it’s as simple and as complicated as that.

It’s nothing we on here (mostly users) can help you with anyway. Your best bet would be to communicate with Curve via email as they are the only ones with access to the backend systems to help you.