New Curve card designs! 🔥

It’s not the best design I’ve ever seen and that’s me being diplomatic.

17 Likes

Thanks.

I just went to check if I had voted, and I had already (and even commented in the thread, which I’d forgotten about)!

2 Likes

I prefer my old blue card. This new design is bad. Hope you redesign.
Or keep both and let people to choose.

17 Likes

Always considered the minimalist design of the card set to be its strong suit.

I recall the introduction of the red & black branding a while back but must say that, colours apart, I’m quietly amazed this card design got approval. :flushed:

13 Likes

Thank goodness that design is only replacing Curve Blue. In saying that I’m sure the upcoming designs for paid and metal will be absolutely amazing.

5 Likes

nice, can’t waith for a metal black card, my red metal one is unsticking from the plastic back…

3 Likes

Hey @Seb, thanks for asking for clarification!

1. I can confirm that all orders of the new card design will be completely free if placed before February 17th. :grin:

2. The card details are still on the back of the card but in a vertical design rather than horizontal.

3. Thanks for linking that @poeliev! It looks like this was originally looked into a few years ago but there was no action taken with it at the time. I’ll raise this with our product team again to see if they have new options available now.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying!

This, especially, is quite interesting:

I’ve seen very few cards with a portrait design on the back, so that’s an interesting take.

3 Likes

Cannot say that I like new design :expressionless:
Maybe in real life impression will be a bit better than in photo…

2 Likes

:point_down:t2:

4 Likes

I like how the signature line has been removed, that’s a positive change!

Also, perhaps I’m in a minority here, but I do like the new design. I’m not sure it is better than the old design, but it’s still an interesting and eye-catching design which looks quite good (in my opinion).

1 Like

Please do not go with the new designs and change your graphic designer asap. The new designs are bad, at least for the free tier, unless your goal is to move people up, as they will be ashamed to show this card in public. Hopefully the paying tier cards are better designed

8 Likes

I must be in the minority here, I really like the new card design

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the new design is upside down :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

The chip on that side is quite common with American cards, as it means the card is the correct way up when swiped in magstripe readers.

You are probably “supposed” to store it in your wallet with the chip on the opposite side to usual, and Curve the “right way up”.

With a stylised design like this, though, there isn’t really such a thing as the “wrong” way up!

2 Likes

I think I’m in the minority here, but I like it mainly because it doesn’t look like any of my existing cards.

Right now my wallet is filled with boring grey and blue cards. This will stand-out a bit more.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: No more FX weekend fee

Please don’t let that designer anywhere near the metal cards… I think the design will put people off, there should be a choice of cards at all levels… Revolut have the right idea with card design and personalisation…

6 Likes

That’s fugly, and looking cheap or childish at least the standard card comparing to the former metal style blue tier!

3 Likes

Tbh, the new design is just look bad, im sorry. :neutral_face:

5 Likes