New Fitbit Versa 3 not accepting Curve Card

Morning I have a new fitbit. I purchased Versa3. But I cannot connect it to my Curve card. Just tells me it is not supported. Any help for a non techy person please? Thank you.

Check Fitbit’s supported list of cards. It probably doesn’t include Curve. You could try a Garmin watch

Thanks. But already checked and it is supported.

Then you should clarify with Fitbit why the Curve card is not accepted. Not that necessarily is their fault, but they will definitely answer faster than Curve will :grimacing:

Thanks. I have contacted fitbit too. They have already sent a couple of emails. Trying to see if problem is their end. Certainly a far better customer service response than curve themselves. Who appear to be uncontactible, aside from this community help point.

Hello Sass,

We don’t have access to your account here on the Community so unfortunately we can’t investigate these issues for you here. Instead, you’ll need to reach out to the Curve support team about this.

The support team are getting a lot of messages right now so they’re taking a bit longer than usual to reply. If you’re currently waiting on a response and it’s been more than 24 hours then I’d recommend sending a DM to @AskCurve on Twitter or Curve’s Facebook page.

Thanks. It didn’t cross my mind that the community would sort out the issues, but I hoped others who have had the same issue may have found a resolution. I see plenty have, but not much resolution. I have already contacted curve via twitter.