🗣 No fees overseas on ANY card 🙌

Don’t fly without your Curve card this summer – we’re scrapping weekend foreign exchange fees from 1 June to 31 August 2022.

So you can spend abroad with any of your cards and never get charged a fee. Yep, even your credit card! So you can use your credit card on holiday and rack up rewards points while you’re there!

:point_right: FIND OUT MORE :point_left:

AN EXCHANGE RATE AS GOOD AS MONZO, FOR ALL YOUR CARDS.

Like Monzo, we use the Mastercard exchange rate and don’t add any markups. So you’re always getting a fair deal. But with Curve, you get that exchange rate across all your cards. So even if your bank or credit card offers a lousy exchange rate or nasty fees – you can bypass it with Curve.

More good news!

We’re doubling the monthly limit on Curve Standard, so you can spend up to £1000/month fee-free on weekdays. There’s no monthly limits on how much you spend on weekends

7 Likes
2 Likes

Now make this permanent and we are good. :smiley:

17 Likes

It seems they got a wake up call

1 Like

Totally agree, at least for premium or metal customers

4 Likes

Exactly 100%. At least they’re trialing it so that’s a start.

4 Likes

We’re scrapping weekend fees from 1 June to 31 August.

Sorry Curve, but your news are so 2000s… if I was going to go abroad I would still use my Starling of Chase card to be worry free for fees 24/7, 365 days of the year. I would never use my Curve card to buy anything abroad either online or in person, which is a shame

3 Likes

Agreed especially after they dropped the Interbank rate. I just use my Crypto.com card now.

I think Crypto.com uses the Visa rate ~+0,5%

With that said I can in fact live with Curves Mastercard rates in Euro countries with under 1% mark-up against the Euro typically. Nice with only one card there everyday.

I sure hope this is the result of the recent research into the FX fees and our opinions about it as passionate Curve customers and small-scale investors.

I hope indeed that this is a trial run and that you won’t go back to untruthful statements: Curve FX Community Feedback - #38 by hind

Just remove any limits and find other ways to generate revenue. So complex to keep track of the limits and when they apply, for most not even a way to check easily in-app.

1 Like

@Mattias

First paragraph - Crypto.com Visa Card - Rewards & Benefits | Crypto.com Help Center

Perfect interbank rates - my app says a 0.5% markup applies after €15,000

1 Like

Bravo for this. Off the California soon :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Not sure how you can have a thread called ‘No fees overseas on any card’ when the first post says there are fees after the first £1,000. Unless you’re off to a hostel, you’re going to be charged a fee by Curve on their normal card.

1 Like

That is a lie. They don’t have interbank rates, they use Visa rates.

2 Likes

It’s good that Curve finally realised this but this should have been the default. Hopefully it will stay this way.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but it was always free up to £500 a month? Do they use the mastercard rate on the day still and what other fees were I unaware of?

1 Like