🗣 No fees overseas on ANY card 🙌

Don’t fly without your Curve card this summer – we’re scrapping weekend foreign exchange fees from 1 June to 31 August 2022.

So you can spend abroad with any of your cards and never get charged a fee. Yep, even your credit card! So you can use your credit card on holiday and rack up rewards points while you’re there!

:point_right: FIND OUT MORE :point_left:

AN EXCHANGE RATE AS GOOD AS MONZO, FOR ALL YOUR CARDS.

Like Monzo, we use the Mastercard exchange rate and don’t add any markups. So you’re always getting a fair deal. But with Curve, you get that exchange rate across all your cards. So even if your bank or credit card offers a lousy exchange rate or nasty fees – you can bypass it with Curve.

More good news!

We’re doubling the monthly limit on Curve Standard, so you can spend up to £1000/month fee-free on weekdays. There’s no monthly limits on how much you spend on weekends

7 Likes
2 Likes

Now make this permanent and we are good. :smiley:

20 Likes

It seems they got a wake up call

1 Like

Totally agree, at least for premium or metal customers

4 Likes

Exactly 100%. At least they’re trialing it so that’s a start.

5 Likes

We’re scrapping weekend fees from 1 June to 31 August.

Sorry Curve, but your news are so 2000s… if I was going to go abroad I would still use my Starling of Chase card to be worry free for fees 24/7, 365 days of the year. I would never use my Curve card to buy anything abroad either online or in person, which is a shame

4 Likes

Agreed especially after they dropped the Interbank rate. I just use my Crypto.com card now.

2 Likes

I think Crypto.com uses the Visa rate ~+0,5%

With that said I can in fact live with Curves Mastercard rates in Euro countries with under 1% mark-up against the Euro typically. Nice with only one card there everyday.

I sure hope this is the result of the recent research into the FX fees and our opinions about it as passionate Curve customers and small-scale investors.

I hope indeed that this is a trial run and that you won’t go back to untruthful statements: Curve FX Community Feedback - #38 by hind

Just remove any limits and find other ways to generate revenue. So complex to keep track of the limits and when they apply, for most not even a way to check easily in-app.

2 Likes

@Mattias

First paragraph - Crypto.com Visa Card - Rewards & Benefits | Crypto.com Help Center

Perfect interbank rates - my app says a 0.5% markup applies after €15,000

1 Like

Bravo for this. Off the California soon :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Not sure how you can have a thread called ‘No fees overseas on any card’ when the first post says there are fees after the first £1,000. Unless you’re off to a hostel, you’re going to be charged a fee by Curve on their normal card.

1 Like

That is a lie. They don’t have interbank rates, they use Visa rates.

5 Likes

It’s good that Curve finally realised this but this should have been the default. Hopefully it will stay this way.

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but it was always free up to £500 a month? Do they use the mastercard rate on the day still and what other fees were I unaware of?

1 Like

God! I go on holiday the 31st August and arrive in Dubai so will miss the increased rate and fee free weekend rate, on the free card, possibly the C before then.

Might as well use my chase as points collected via curve will be swallowed by the weekend fees of 1.5%

Hey everyone, we’re getting closer to the end of our “no fees oversea for summer” promotion (ending on August 31st) and we want to hear more about your experiences with spending with Curve without these extra fees :airplane:

Make sure to get your feedback in on this as we’ll use this when reviewing our FX offerings in the future! :eyes:

1 Like

For metal subscribers there should not be any fees for fx… summer or not

7 Likes

No fx fees thé week end for black cards please. Mandatory

1 Like