Option to Opt out of receiving a physical Card

Hey,

Just had request a new card for security reasons, only a few weeks after already getting a new card due to the old one expiring. I pretty much never use the physical card and either use it online or with Google Pay. I hate waste, so I would have been happy to just get a new set of virtual card details rather than a new plastic card, but when I suggested this, I was told I have to have another card sent out. Could this be considered as an option?

4 Likes

Some retailers need the physical chip and pin card to refund transactions

They must already have the functionality to do this, as new Curve Blue users have to pay a card delivery fee if they want a physical card - so the card is optional. All they need to do is ask the question on all tiers but not charge the fee on the higher tiers if a physical card is selected.

This seem to be missing from all card issuers I’ve used so far. Except Revolut perhaps where you can have a “virtual” card.

I only used the physical card once in total to make sure it works and to change the pin code. Always Apple Pay after that, I guess it’s a good backup in case the battery dies.
But then I also have the Apple Watch :thinking: