Payment failed on Nintendo eshop

Does curve have payment problem?

Error Code: 9001-2470

This credit card cannot be used.

For more information, please contact the issuer of your credit card.

You cannot use this credit card.
Please check with your credit card company for details.

No issues reported.

https://status.curve.com/

Strange
Nintendo dont seeing to have any problem

And ask me to contact my card provider

My best guess…3DS issue.

Worked the first 5 times
Now it stopped working

Well I guess in that case…

:wink:

3D secure worked
When I bought the 2 game voucher
1 Zelda game
1 Mario kart

Now i try to buy the Zelda expansion pack

The payment is not showing up as failed in the curve app

I guess you can still ask Curve support.

Just tried my card direct on Nintendo shop

You cannot use this credit card.
Please check with your credit card company for details.

So what will be your next step?

1. Try Curve again with a different underlying card; or
  2. Try a different (underlying) card directly; or
  3. Get treatment for your gaming addiction :wink:.

Date and time

From Monday, April 5, 2021 10 :00 PM - Tuesday, April 6, 2021 12 :00 AM Pacific Time

This is odd as I use my Curve Card for my sons Nintendo Switch, with the last transaction being Friday and never have an issue? Something I would take up with Curve Customer Services in the ‘Chat with us’ section within the app.

I don’t think it’s a Curve problem. I’ve had exactly the same issue with another card, and just yesterday I had the same problem when using PayPal at the Nintendo eShop. It seems to be a security measure at Nintendo’s end where they only let a set number of purchases go through on a single payment method. Yesterday, after buying 4 or 5 games, I got the message and had to switch from using PayPal to a credit card.

How do you go digital if you cant buy games?

I tried my curve, and my bank card failed

Nintendo support have no clue

The bank company of the Credit Card – the issue might be bank related as these Bank ID are sometimes the banks own system (not that I suspect this to be the case in Denmark as NEM-ID is something they all are require to be a part of, but as the issue is also present in Finland where their type of ID is individual from bank to bank it might be) The Date and time of the attempted transaction Any pictures (preferably) or videos of the process would also be appreciated.

All I can tell you is that I’ve had this exact problem using an Amazon Mastercard, an Amex card and PayPal. After 4 or 5 purchases, the payment method gets temporarily blocked and I have to switch to another one, at which point I can purchase again.

And after 5 payment that card stopped working?

Yes, exactly. Changed to another card and I was able to purchase again.