PayPal Business Debit Card UK persistently failing since end of Jan 21

Hey,

Has anyone else with a PayPal Business Debit Card in the UK been experiencing non-stop declines for “pre-auth” since end of January? I am also noticing that for every transaction I do using the PayPal Debit Card directly, it’s triggering a faulty 3DS procedure where despite offering authorizing via app it will never work, so you have to login to PayPal via a PC each time to get a code. In addition, the 3DS is coming up for every transaction, not just the occasional and is what I presume is causing the declines with Curve.

I’ve tried contacting PayPal about this since end of January, and been on their case every day since and I have yet to hear back from their Debit Card team 22 days later.

Wasn’t sure if anyone else was facing the same issues with Curve with this card?

Thanks,

1 Like

Same problem here in Italy. Still waiting for an answer from curve support…

I spoke to curve about this over chat around 1st Feb, and they sent me various screenshots showing the decline was being done at PayPal’s end. While they seem to allow the card to be added, the “repeat” transactions are being refused at “preauth” with an error code of “2000 - Do Not Honour”.

This is really an issue PayPal Business Debit Card needs to resolve - but they are unresponsive which is very frustrating.

My initial problem was error “404”, then I removed and added the card again now I get “Preauth on new card wasen’t authorized”. My last transaction with that card has been done the 23rd Jan… since 27th I have the error…
I fear that paypal may have blocked payments to curve in some way