Problem with identity verification

Hi to all

I created a curve account 2 weeks ago, but I still haven’t been able to verify my identity through the app!
Every time I take a photo of my ID and upload it the result is: verification failed.
And the support center doesn’t answer the messages & the emails. I believe that the problem is due to the fact that I live in Greece and here the police ID cards are not in the form of a plastic electronic card but are made of paper. The front view is in landscape but the back side is in portrait layout and because of that maybe the AI ​​function can’t verify it. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And how did he finally solve it?

I had in last december and decided to ditch Curve because same problem and did not get answer. I came back later and for weird reasons it worked.

Did you try with your passport if you have one ? And did you try to ask @askcurve on twitter ?

unfortunately I don’t have a passport and the driver’s license is not accepted by Curve.
I will keep trying and if nothing changes then I will delete the account. It’s infuriating that they make a financial product and let it run only on artificial intelligence & bots that can’t distinguish between Latin and Greek characters or portrait and landscape layout of a document.

It would not be a big deal if they would have customer support. So your problem is also a portrait/landscape thing ?

Yes, I think the ID page layout is probably the problem. The bot is waiting to read the 2 sides in landscape layout, but Greek ID cards are not like credit cards.
The only reason i chose Curve app it was to connect smart ring to it to make contactless payments. I am not interested in increasing the cash limit with a black or metal card.