Refund issues [was Wirecard: Refunds]

Update 6.8.20: Why we’re doing a 180 on refunds (spoiler: you told us to)

What are your questions about refunds? :blush:
Let us know here and we’ll add them to the FAQs. Have a look whether your questions are listed right below before posting, please and thank you :wink:

FAQs

I made a transaction before 26.06.20, when I can expect it?

We’ve now received your refund from Wirecard, and we’re working on processing it back to you!

We’re aiming for your refund to hit your Curve Cash Card by 10.7.20. From there, you’ll be able to spend your refunded money immediately by selecting your Curve Cash Card as your payment card within the app.

Although the refund will land in your Cash Card, it’s entirely up to you whether or not you want it to stay there. We’re building functionality that will allow you to move that money back to your payment card within your Curve Wallet. We’re working closely with our partners and hope to have this completed by the end of the month.

You can read all about how it works here.

I made a transaction after 26.6.20, when I can expect it?

As soon as it is processed by the merchant it will be refunded onto the Cash Card in your Curve Wallet.

Although the refund will land in your Cash Card, it’s entirely up to you whether or not you want it to stay there. We’re building functionality that will allow you to move that money back to your payment card within your Curve Wallet. We’re working closely with our partners and hope to have this completed by the end of the month.

You can read all about how it works here.

Can I use Go Back in Time with my refunds?

You can now GBiT any transaction after 29th June 2020. When we moved away from Wirecard on 26th of June, we had to rebuild GBiT. Rebuilding meant restarting, so GBiT is technically just 11 days old now. You can still GBiT for up to 90 days, we haven’t changed that – it just has to age a bit.

Will all refunds be sent to my Curve Cash Card?

Yes, but it’s entirely up to you whether or not you want it to stay on your Curve Cash Card.

Can I postpone the refund until it can receive it on my payment card?

You can’t postpone the refund, however, we’re building functionality that will allow you to move that money back to your payment card within your Curve Wallet. We’re working closely with our partners and hope to have this completed by the end of the month.

Can I decide what currency my Curve Cash is in?

Not yet, but we want you to be able to do this in the future.

My payment card has been replaced, how will I receive my refund?

As soon as it is processed by the merchant it’ll be refunded onto the Cash Card in your Curve Wallet.

I've received a new Curve card, how will I receive my refund?

As soon as it is processed by the merchant it’ll be refunded onto the Cash Card in your Curve Wallet.

Will Curve Cash only be available in GBP and would I have to pay any exchange fee to Curve or my bank?

For the time being, Curve Cash is only in GBP, but we are looking to change this.

We’ll make sure it won’t count towards your limits, nor carry any fees. Please do contact us at support@curve.com if you see this happening so we can rectify it.

If I bought something in a currency other than GBP, will I have to accept the refund in GBP when it lands onto my Cash card?

Yes, for the time being, but we are looking to change this.

We’ll make sure it won’t count towards your limits, nor carry any fees. Please do contact us at support@curve.com if you see this happening so we can rectify it.

Can I have several Curve Cash pots for different currencies?

We certainly want to be able to have your Curve Cash in your local currency. This is something we are looking into right now. Whether you can have several pots is something we’ll consider as a part of that process.

I was notified that my refund was processed and the funds are on its way, is this still the case?

Yes, it is!

I closed my account. How can I get my money back?

If you’ve already closed your account, please contact our Customer Experience at supoprt@curve.com for your refund.

Update: Rebuilding refunds: how will refunds work moving forward?

5 Likes

Hello everyone! Dear Curve Team!

My refund was issued today (30.06.) Do you have any information when will I get it? I read that refunds issued before 26.06. will have a problem, but mine is later, hopefully it is already controlled by Checkout. Please say something good. :slight_smile:

Yeah that’s my understanding too. Any refunds after the 26th should process normally. @Curve_Marie Is our understanding correct?

Refunds typically take 1-5 days to appear in your underlying card.

@Curve_Marie

“In the first instance, the quickest way to do this is to send that money back to you as Curve Cash so you can use it right away. If we are able to process a refund; you will find it on your Curve Cash balance.”

Does this mean that all refunds will be automatically converted to Curve Cash?
I look forward to returning a large amount from RyanAir and I would prefer it not be converted to GBP (I paid in PLN)

Is a refund that is issued now for a purchase prior 26th working or not?

Ha. My refund notification arrived by email on Friday the 26th, stating “ Your refund has been processed! Please note, it may take several days for your financial institution to update things on their end, but everything on our end is complete.”
It’s not a large amount of money, but I’m just curious how it will work out.
Wouldn’t have any problems with it, if Curve would refund it in Curve Cash instead of on the underlying card.

I’ll just sit tight and wait for what’s going to happen :blush:

Another related question with regards to refunds:
I’m waiting for a refund on unused rail tickets but there are a couple of factors:

• The card number used has changed (Curve card was reissued as an Investor card)
  • The original Curve card would have been Wirecard
  • I no longer have an account with the underlying credit card used - that account was closed in March.

Any idea how the refund will be handled?

Since it is not urgent, but the refund on the original card would be most relevant - is there a possibility to postpone the refund until it can be made directly to my linked and used card?

1 Like

Hey @andycambsuk

I can answer a few of these based on how refunds are handled generally.

1. Curve manages refunds on an account basis, so it doesn’t matter if your Curve card has been reissued/changed. Your underlying account remains the same.
  2. Can’t answer this yet, based on this thread Curve is working on a solution.
  3. That’s fine - in such cases refunds can go into your Curve Cash account instead.
2 Likes

Will refunds with GBIT function as normal once that’s been reinstated?

@Curve_Marie I got two messages in my phone about two incoming refunds and that I needed to log in to Curve and select which card I would like the refund sent back to. This was early Monday morning around 3-4 AM and I was asleep. It would be beneficial if notifications are only pushed out during regular day time, say 7 AM to 10 PM. If a refund comes in overnight - I will gladly deal with it in the morning after.

Only problem with those two notifications and refunds - when I logged into my Curve app, there wasn’t any trace of any refund at all! Not in transaction list, not in the old original transactions, the money are not back to the underlying card and I could select anything at all. No trace at all!

I don’t even know if the filter/search function will sort out refunds specifically, if it can - then I don’t understand how to use it correctly. Of course you should be able to quickly list all your incoming refunds during a certain time period!

To sort refunds in with the original transaction, might sound like a good idea but it’s not! Suddenly recipt totals, from the original purchase do not match - making it very hard to trace the payment to an exact purchase. You have business users here, the accounting and doing paper work where receipts must match the print out from my bank is a nightmare with the current system!

Also, Ikea for example (one of Curve’s own cash back partners) allows for returns and refunds for up to 365 days from purchase date! If I bought last year and for some reason return today, I certainly do not want to sit and scroll back a few hundred lines of transaction from a whole year, just to find if my transaction has been refunded or not.

The refund process desperately needs to be re-thought and re-built from the ground up!

Final note, not everyone deal in GBP, so everyone outside of Great Britain would like to have their refunds in the Euros, Dollars or whatever other currency was used in the original transaction.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t you just use the search tool…?

@Curve_Marie

After reading the article about refunds, one question comes to me. What happens if refunds are in different currencies f.e. EUR and PLN? Will the refund on Curve Cash be visible in the original currencies of the transactions separately or will it be converted into GBP?

@Curve_Marie

Hi, not happy about this refund to the Curve Cash card as it is in GBP and i am a Euro user. I hope this is not manditory and we can get the refund to a Euro card. Side note, getting the Curve Cash in Euro would be great.

6 Likes