Refunding back to original card - more poor service

I use curve because I have many cards, one of which is a company card (from my employer). I spent £1800 on it and then the reversal/refund has gone to my cash balance within Curve instead of back on the original card.

My employer is asking for the money back and I can’t get it back to them.

Despite many emails I get yet again no replies whatsoever from Curve about this.

Hey @thomasr79, sorry to hear of your situation! I’m assuming this is urgent for you so I’d recommend that you give our support team a call about it - 0203 322 2585.

They’re receiving a lot of messages at the moment so will probably take a little longer to get back to you but our phone line is for emergencies so you should get a response a bit quicker. Let me know how you get on with that!

Hi Thomas

I had something similar a while ago. I had someone send me cash, thinking it was usable on the curve points just like cash. So, I intended to withdraw some and spend or send the rest.

I couldn’t send it.

I could spend it.

But I couldn’t withdraw it.

Seems crazy to me. I can understand they may not want to incur atm fees etc but in that case, why not allow me to send cash from there to another card, where I could have withdrawn it?

In the end, they did a one off transfer for me. Which was great. But was way back, before service levels got pretty crappy. Maybe they’ll do that for YOU if you get through?

1 Like

I did eventually get an email from curve claiming they had a bug in the system and so my email went missing, then claimed it was fixed. Well, it’s funny how that happens every time I’m asking for money back, whether chargebacks or situations like this. They asked me where they can send payment to and would do a bank transfer, which i sent on 21st Oct and have since sent 4 follow up emails. Anyway, yet again back to the worse customer service of all banks. Can’t even get a reply.

No reply still in 2.5 weeks