RIP Crypto.com (CDC), long live PLUTUS

After CDC’s announcement everyone is now looking at PLUTUS.

No video ident, just photo ident, works with Curve (&GBiT) and if you join today til this evening via this link, you get a 50 USD sign up promo

On top of that, you get 1 month of free premium tier, which gives you 3% on every purchase up to 22,500 EUR.

If you fully max it:

• 50 USD
  • 3% of 22,5k€ = 675€
  • 1 Perk (up to 10€)

more info here (use google translator):

Read this yestarday. :sob: Ruby Steel (red) Crypto.com Visa Card seems to be good mainly for Spotify reimbursemet now… :thinking: Higher tiers are still (but less then before, true) interesting though. :money_mouth_face:

Plutus has got much better offer now :+1:, let’s see how long they can sustain it… :crystal_ball:

1 Like

Probably the same as with Vivid, once the marketing budget is depeleted, the good offers are gone.
But the beauty is, there is always the next fintech with nice promo offers around the corner.

2 Likes

You have to be registered by 21:00…

CDC have reverted the change to staking rewards. You will now get the weekly reward, albeit now it will be less than before. 4% for indigo and 8% for icy.

Definitely sticking with CDC.

1 Like

2022 | Quarter 2

Curve Integration

Plutus is partnering with Curve so that you can leverage the best of both finance applications. This means we can offer features such as Apple/Samsung Pay, no Foreign Exchange (FX) fees, additional rewards, and more!

The partnership includes many other highly rewarding benefits with a focus on increasing the utility for PLU. More details will be revealed in due course.

2 Likes

Plutus feels like a beta, and the company itself feels like a one man show with some employees scattered all over the place working from home.

I don’t know what Plutus do different to make their model sustainable… a lot of early adopters are repeating mantra about scarcity and stuff like that…

Yes, one should not put all their savings into a Plutus account, but that applies to all fintechs with only an emoney license and not a full banking license where funds are protected up to 100k€

My recommondation:
since its a prepaid card you won’t be able to spend anything unless you load the card, but transfers from i.e. Revolut are instant, meaning you can put all your money on Revolut, and transfer the funds just before you make purchases on the Plutus card (or when doing GBiT via Curve)

Small users pay 4.99€ / month and get 60€ in CB (2000€ spending * 3% cashback = 60€)
heavy users pay 14.99€ / month and get up to 675€ in CB - the cost for selling the PLU + fx fluctuations etc + 30€ in perks (3*10€)

For me the 3% are really attractive, usually you get 0.5-2% onnormal cards, W1tty has a promo to offer 3% but its only for this month and capped at 120€ CB

Will stick with CDC for the earn, supercharger and stull. I have the Ruby Steel for spotify 100% reimbursement. and will go with plutus for my daily payment through my curve card.

Anyone able to add the Plutus Card to Curve? It asks me over and over again for the CVC, I receive the 3ds prompt in Plutus but the Curve app doesn’t show me the 3ds field, only asks over and over again for the CVC

Anyone able to add the Plutus Card to Curve?

That’s weird. I added my Plutus card just a couple of hours ago and had no issues whatsoever. Got the 3DS field within the Curve app and a notification from Plutus which provided me with the 3DS code.

What kind of transactions qualify for cash back?

I have been able to add my Plutus card and I am on Android, though I have already added it as underlying card to Curve months ago.