Starling Bank

Hi All.

I am currently trialling Starling Bank to hopefully/eventually move away from Lloyds Bank. I was looking to see how those who use Starling Bank as their underlying card find the experience Starling Bank offers when using their Curve Card? This is the first time I am using a ‘online-only’ Bank, who of course, offer a more modern approach to Banking in comparison to your typical high-street Bank. Just some general feedback as I would only stick with them should everything work ok using solely my Curve Card.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Starling Bank is great. It works well with Curve. I don’t see you having any issues.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying, appreciated. This is probably all I needed to hear! :laughing:

1 Like

*corrected my phone having changed ‘Starling’ to ‘Stirling’ throughout this post! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Do we know why transactions come through as just ‘Curve’ though? Frustrating when through Lloyds it would be passed up as ‘CRV*Tesco’ for example….

It’s a deliberate move by Starling to cause friction to nudge you to use your Starling card, but not lose customers. Better than Creation’s solution at least.

1 Like

Hmm… I had thought this may have been the case. Frustrating in some sense, but never mind.

1 Like

Yes Joshua, as others have said, it works but only shows as a Curve purchase. It doesn’t really bother me. I tend to use a credit card connected to Curve for shopping anyway, then pay it back straight away, which is very easy to do with Starling.

1 Like