Sticky Transactions (Recurring Payments) & Smart Transactions/Rules

This is best idea for using Curve Card! Curve card can became first smart card, it could support:

• Rule how to proceed subscriptions. Netflix will be deducted from Card no 1, Spotify from Card no 2.
  • Rule based on location - at home disable card, when leavig home enable and swich to different one when going inside Tesco, switch to different when you are leaving your home country.
  • Rule based on time - disable card at night, enable in the morning.
  • Category rule - eg. In the morning Tesco transaction would be always Food & Drink but afternoon Groceries.
  • Shortcut support in Android (pressing long on icon is letting change card like in Google Pay) would let do some automation with Tasker application or use touch unlock shortcuts. It would be nice too.
  • Generaly everything can be done if Curve would release their API, then 3rd party application would be able to control actions. Just needed turn on/off card and switching. Then we would be able to have Alexa Skills or Google Assistants Routines. Google Assistant would to do some changes in our card selection or disabling card. Maybe even informing at home that card has been used (broadcast option).
    And I hope Curve Card will become first smart card… sooner or later. :grin:
2 Likes

That’s great unless you selected the wrong card a few days back and then you had 20+ transactions on the wrong card to reverse. You could either implement Default payment method or Go back in time, select more than 1 transaction, I would be happy with either - thanks!

1 Like

This month I’m in a position in which I’m creating different online payments in which I have to use different cards. Would be so useful if we can set the default card for transactions. Simple Example:
any payment from Apple -> use X card.
any payment from Booking -> use Y card.

3 Likes

Probably the best idea so far. It would also save Curve resources since it would reduce the use of the “Go Back in Time” feature.

Considering providers like Crypto(dot)com who exclude specific MCC (Merchant Category Codes) from their cashback program, it would be great if rules would also work based on MCCs.

1 Like

I was thinking maybe having a different CVV code for each connected card to stick the payment to a particular card when you pay via Curve.
Monzo introduced virtual cards so you could make payments from saving pots, that is pretty similar.

I do currently avoid making subscription payments because of this.

1 Like

Make a system for auto choosing card to use, depending on for example:

• merchant
  • amount
  • currency
Examples of rules I would find useful:

• All tesco payments from tesco card
  • All Amazon payments from amazon card
  • All payments bigger than 500 pounds from some credit card
  • All cash withdrawal from lloyds card
2 Likes

Also add MCC so we can say i.e. all MCC travel related to an underlying travel card, all MCC gas stations to a specific gas earning card,…

3 Likes

Although as I understand it you wouldn’t receive any extra points from those retailers for using their card as they would see the transaction as coming from Curve rather than from them?

:thinking:
Somehow Monzo shows me proper merchants, even when transaction comes via Curve. I thought Curve does some spoofing or something

Curve adds CRV* in front of the transaction, but that should be about it.

Depending on how your bank’s merchant detection works, it may count or it may not. Some cards are very picky on what they’ll accept for benefits.

1 Like

I would like tool to create rules which could specify that every payment to company XXXX will be payed with card *1234.

Example use case: You have services that need to be payed no matter what - even if you are sick, in hospital or dead. So you have a card that will always have funds for that but you really can’t use curve for that because you could not use curve for other payments then. Now if I want to pay for something else with curve then I have to change card every time and then change back immediately after!

1 Like

I would like to request the following feature:

Let Curve automatically select the underlying card to be charged based on the currency of the transaction.

For instance, let’s assume that I have two underlying cards, one EUR card and one GBP card.

When I make a purchase at Amazon.co.uk (in British pounds), I want Curve to charge the GBP card. If I make purchase at Amazon.de (in euros), I want Curve to charge the EUR card.

I know that I can manually change the underlying card ahead of each transaction, but many online retailers (like Amazon) do not charge cards when the order placed, but only when it is dispatched. If I have two pending orders, in two different currencies, it is impossible to predict when each purchase will be charged to the card. Inevitably, a EUR purchase will get charged to my GBP card, or vice-versa. Currently, the only solution is to go back in time and manually recharge all affected purchases (i.e. purchases charged to a card that is in a different currency than the transaction) to another card.

To avoid us having to go back in time for such transactions, could Curve please consider implementing a feature that would allow users to link default underlying cards to specific currencies?

4 Likes

@eldarsub Good points raised :grin::+1:

And time frame:

• all purchase on weekend with <selected currency|any currency>, let the underlying card make the exnchange.

Would love to see this implemented, the only feature I would happily pay for since the insurances and other existing paid perks are of little value. The best feature of curve is the GBIT but it still requires you to micromanage your transactions albeit deferred (maybe once a week?) which is not ideal when you run hundreds of transactions. Having smart rules/automation would give me complete peace of mind so that I will only need to quickly skim the insights already offered in the app to see for example only groceries are being charged on my tesco card

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely needed. Just the other day I was pondering using Curve some some subscription service and in the end I used my normal card to make sure that the payment would go to this card and there won’t be way to many currency changes…

3 Likes

Please can we have a feature where there is a default card for Cash Withdrawal? Sometimes I would like to use my Curve card as an ATM card, but that is tagged to my CC which charges cash advance fee. Even after I reversed my transaction with Go back in time, the cash advance fee seems to stay in the CC.

2 Likes

So, still no news on smart MCC routing?

Suppose I have three cards. One gives good cashback on restaurants, one on gas, one on groceries. I’d love to add all three to Curve and assign a bunch of MCCs to each (or at least - categories).

So when I’m paying for gas with Curve, the correct card gets charged automatically.

It’s been asked over and over again, but I can find no replies from Curve.

1 Like

2 Likes