Stop reporting Curve Transactions on funding card statements as being generated in “London”

PayPal also adds “PAYPAL” to the transaction descriptions

3 Likes

I noticed that the emailed Curve receipts show the original country and say that’s what will show on my statement; but on my statement it doesn’t show that.

So in their own receipt, it says
This Transaction will appear on your bank statement as
ENVATOMARKET 12345678 SALT LAKE CIT UT
but on my statement it shows
CRV ENVATOMARKET 12345 London

1 Like

Exactly! I hate how Curve reports London as the location on Funding Card statements. Really hope they fix this soon.

I’d be curious to know which bank did this. I have cards from Chase attached to Curve which normally do charge FX fees but don’t since Curve passes the transaction through in USD.

My experience is that ANY cards that are owned/managed by USBank (this includes USBank cards as well as my Fidelity card) get charged a FX fee (even when using Curve for USD). My assumption is that US Bank is charging fees based on location (London) rather than the currency charged. I don’t get charged fees for any other US card I have (Chase, Citi).

Yeah, most Australian banks charge fees for transactions outside Australia, regardless of the currency. So even if I set the card currency to AUD in Curve, I get charged.

That’s good to know about US Bank at least. Thanks!

Right now I even like that all transactions originates from “London” - it helps me understand which purchase was made using Curve as most of the time there is no *Crv prefix attached.
But after brexit, if something will change how local banks treat online purchases from UK and add fees, that will be a problem.

I don’t like this idea. Please keep the CRV / London prefix coz that’s the only I know I used Curve but not the underlying card for the transaction.

2 Likes

I think the preference would be to keep the CRV* prefix (so you can identify Curve transactions), but remove the “London” location.

So a transaction at Sainsbury’s in Belfast, which would currently be reported as

CRV* SAINSBURYS LONDON

would instead be reported as

CRV* SAINSBURYS .

… much less confusing, and the CRV* means you can still see it’s a Curve transaction.

3 Likes

The location of the original purchase should be forwarded to the underlying card.:point_up:t3:

2 Likes

Every transaction on London how often do I go to London hardly any in Dublin more times than London but it annoys me when I get CRV.boots Edinburgh London on a statement or something similar whilst it would be good to remove the London and CRV. Parts and show info like it should do on bank statements as if you used the underlying card directly but the CRV part I think is to distinguish it from the banks cards own use I might be wrong on that one