Support for Multi-Currency Cards

I ordered an iPhone for a friend on the Apple Store online. I use EUR normally, but this purchase is in DKK.
Apple didn’t have the product in stock, so they will charge and ship in a few weeks after ordering. If they decide to charge on a week day, all is good. If they decide to charge on a weekend day, I pay like 2% FX fee, which is more than the cashback. So I effectively lose money by losing Curve even though I get 1% cashback from Apple. This is exactly what just happened. I actually lost more money using Curve to buy from a retailer for which I have 1% cashback, than if I had just bought directly on the card, that doesn’t have FX fees.

All this wouldn’t be a problem if Curve could just automatically select the currency that is being charged and let the card to the conversion. It’s probably the worst thing about Curve, because there’s no way to avoid it on an order in a foreign currency, where you don’t know when they will charge and ship it! I can’t leave my card on DKK all the time, because then when I use EUR (which I do most of the time) in the weekend days, I then pay 2% on everything.

I like Curve. I’m currently on Metal, but it’s just a bad user experience to pay for a service that is supposed to give you cashback and instead end up costing more. I’m not sure I’ll keep paying for this service in the long term if this keeps happening.

2 Likes

Really hope Curve could give an elegant solution to these currency problems

1 Like

Any update on this?

2 Likes

I would also love to have this feature available.

I always use curve for every purchase but sometimes it is a bit annoying having to change the card currency every time I travel or have to make a purchase with another currency. I do this because my card provider gives me better exchange rates with no fees.

It could be as other community members already suggested just another option on “change card currency” called “multi-currency” where it would be up to the card to make the exchange rate rather than curve, so the purchase will go through with the currency of the payment that has been made.

Please Curve, make this possible :slight_smile:

I’m a beta tester for Wise (ex-TransferWise) and have a work around as you can now get virtual visa cards and tie different currencies to different cards in Curve. (One in GBP, EUR, USD). In conjunction with the physical cards, it means I’d only have to change one card for currencies outside the main ones I regularly use.