Support Team Software change. No In-app Ticket history

Hi everyone, some good news from the support team today! :raised_hands:

Our customer support team have just made the jump to new software which will allow them to reply faster and gives them access to more advanced tooling so they can respond to your issues in more detail too!

In the short term, this means that you’ll no longer be able to see any open tickets and conversations in the Curve app but don’t worry- The support team are still able to see these conversations on their side with the new software and will be in touch soon. You’ll also receive an email with your entire chat history so you’ll still have a record of the messages sent from both you and the support team.

Any questions about this change? Feel free to let us know.

4 Likes

I was not able to use the chat feature this morning. Is it working again?

Hey @Daddykay! The Live-chat feature for premium subscription users hasn’t been reactivated just yet as we want to make sure this is working smoothly with the new tools available first but this will be back very soon! In the meantime, you can still reach the Curve support team with the ‘Report a Problem’ option in the app or by emailing them at support@curve.app.

2 Likes

I sent the email but problem is now you can not initiate sending the email from the app (iOS) as before. It means you have to know the email off head or look for it from somewhere else. This may be hard for some users to get and they will end up here saying there’s no way to contact support.

I used chat took over 24 hours for a reply then they replied a few times now nothing

Hey there @Daddykay, you should still be able to raise a ticket to our support team through the Curve app on iOS and Android. Please can you flag this to our support team by email so they can troubleshoot this for you?

Hey there, the Curve support team can sometimes be a little slower to respond over the weekend but you should definitely receive a follow up message today!

Nice to know you have finally migrated away from Zendesk. Would love to know who you have replaced the service with, Freshdesk or Hubspot?

Looking at the Curve app it looks like they replaced it with Kustomer.

1 Like

I posted this before I checked. :grin:

You beat me to it @poeliev! That’s right, the support team are now using Kustomer.

1 Like

This is the reason the link “Get help with this transaction” doesn’t work?

Edit: Account->Settings->Help doesn’t work either.

P.S. metal plan

Isn’t this worse than previously? We get absolutely no response even after 48 hours

Have you finally got rid of the idiotic autoresponder emails that provide no useful help whatsoever and require the user to reply to get an actual human to look at their problem?

Will people from Curve actually bother to reply to support issues without having to be prompted?

Can I get straight through to a human rather than an utterly useless and moronic machine that clearly doesn’t have a clue what I’m asking for?

Hey there!

The above button now directs you to our help centre. You can then press the ‘Chat’ option where you’ll be prompted to give details about the transaction. ONce we have. these details a member of the support team will follow up with you about the issue as soon as possible.

This option should no longer be visible in the app. Instead, you should see a ‘Help Centre’ option in the ‘Account’ tab of your Curve app. You can also raise a Chat with the support team from there.

@andyk and @Daddykay, our support team are working hard to reach every issue raised with them and our leadership team are working hard to work through the number of open cases. Soon, the ‘Chat’ feature will work similarly to a LiveChat feature in terms of getting a faster first response and resolution and we’re thankful for everyone’s patience while additional support team staff are trained up and as the whole team finishes adjusting to using Kustomer so they can reach this point for you all.

1 Like

Bit of feedback from my side using the chat just now.

The bot didn’t allow me to input my own msg so users are limited to the very limited boxes to play with.
Even if you (I in this case) randomly select something and get to the stage where you can type, it’s very restricted in terms of what it can understand.

For my case in particular, i selected “change personal detail → address” and when i can type, i said “customer service please”, the bot says, thanks for updating your details … (well not exactly but something like that).

Thank you for summarising exactly what is wrong with every chatbot implementation like this.

The only thing a chatbot is useful for is basic junk that anyone sensible will already have worked out from looking at the FAQs. Anything at all in any way vaguely actually problematic will never be able to be solved by a chatbot.

The single most important function of a chatbot is the ability to write “let me talk to a human” and for the chatbot to get out of the way and actually let the user get help!

All these companies like Curve seem to think they can cover every conceivable problem with a hugely limited range of options and that supposedly is considered support - it frankly isn’t. The point of customer support is to be there when the support materials fail, and why would anyone be trying to contact customer support if they hadn’t already tried as best they can with the resources provided to solve their problem?

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life found a chatbot that’s able to solve a problem that I’ve been trying to contact customer support about…

1 Like

Agree - even worse the Virgin Media chatbot was stuck in a loop recently so everytime you asked to speak to a human being it just put you back in to the start of the chatbot! First Direct repeatedly score very highly on customer service scores and this is because they put you through to a human being within a very short period. I must say I’ve not found Revolut to be any good (months for a reply recently) and Monese recently answered a different question to the one I asked, but getting CS right makes a massive impact on customer experience and leads to positive word of mouth.

Never used the Virgin Media chatbot thankfully - I literally always prefer to make a telephone call than attempt to resolve a problem over the internet (and the only time I’ve ever had a problem with Virgin Media I’ve had no internet anyway!)

First Direct are absolutely my favourite though. One phone number, irrespective of what you want. Not a single menu or “press this”, just a lovely, friendly person answering the phone who almost always knows exactly what to do and will be genuine and honest when they don’t. And very good to have a general chat with whilst they work it out!

The only other “online support only” companies I deal with are HP (I literally cannot wait for my printer to die so that I can justify going and buy one from Not-HP. Their chatbot is literally the only support option and honestly the most useless thing ever created by humankind.) and Monzo. Monzo are fine, and good at replying, but it can take up to a day which is about 23 hours 58.5 minutes longer than I’ve ever had to wait for First Direct to answer, so way behind my expectations.

That said, I did once get an email reply from a company I won’t mention that was such a pathetic attempt at customer support that the agent who wrote it couldn’t even be bothered to read it before they sent it - leaving behind INSERT DATE HERE type elements. You couldn’t make it up if you tried!

1 Like