TfL charges - different amounts on Journey History, Curve, funding card

Recently started using Curve for TfL instead of Amex, and the charging mechanism is confounding me

• my TfL Journey History account shows the right amounts

• my Curve account shows some of the right amounts, and some wildly incorrect ones e.g. £10.50 instead of £3, £13.50 instead of £4.50 etc

• my funding card shows completely different amounts again, totally different to Curve numbers - separated into 10p and the balance, lots of days double charging - £4.50 x2 instead of £4.50 x1 - bears no relation to Curve numbers (or might do, who knows?) - and not Pending, but actually confirmed charges

• the fact that TfL charges sometimes go through on the same day, sometimes next day, sometimes 2 days later, sometimes in wrong day order (esp weekend), making it harder to reconcile

• over this period I’ve had no TfL overcharging or refunds, so that’s not the reason for any confusion

It’s completely confounding me, and really frustrating. Overall, after 2 weeks I’m being charged more on both my Curve and Barclaycard than is showing on my TfL account, mostly due to double charging

Anyone else get this? Does it all reconcile itself at some point? Never had issues using Amex on TfL - always charged correct amounts on correct days

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had the same recently. I’ve been overcharged and curve records the transactions differently to how they are recorded by TfL, which is the correct version of events. In curve’s defense, the over charge was refunded pretty much immediately.

Same here, more than two week of double charges, even after locking curve card, transaction were still going through (!) checked on tfl and all was fine, was refunded (more than £40) by curve but during the refund proces two more transactions went through but tfl didn’t collect the money, so £17 went to curve. Now looks like they are not interested and ignoring me even after sending them screenshot from tfl. Scam for me.