Unable to add Metrobank

Hi I’m unable to add my Metrobank card — it fails with a generic error message asking me to try another card instead. Does Curve support Metrobank?
I got in touch with customer support but have yet to hear back from them.

cheers,

Pete

I have my metro bank cards working with curve fine…

I can add my Metro Bank card…sadly I can’t verify it because I don’t use it much and Metro Bank have absolutely insane security/password requirements and I haven’t got a hope in the hot place of ever being able to remember all the stupid numbers!

You’ve definitely checked that you’re getting the dates and whatnot right?

Yep dates and CVV are all correct. The only thing I can think of is the billing address as I recently changed address with Metrobank. I’ve tried it with my current and last two addresses though (just in case the change didn’t go through yet) and it still doesn’t work. If it is the address though, Curve should really do a better job of providing meaningful error messages.

Perhaps try a small online transaction directly on the Metro Bank card, just to make sure that there isn’t something blocking it for online transactions?

Yeah was just about to suggest the same. Also, just checking - are you using the latest version of the Curve app?

I cannot add my Metrobank Business Card to Curve either.