Upgrade to metal: Only Red metal cards available?

Hi all, I’m very sorry if this is a duplicate, I have spent some time trying to find the answer on the Boards.

It seems in the app only the red colour metal card is available - is this temporary (to use up wirecard stock) a glitch or permanent?

I should say - I’m relatively new to Curve (I received my card on the wednesday before Wirecard issue happening on the weekend).

I am impressed by curve response to what was clearly a difficult time, which has convinced me I’d like to upgrade to metal.

Mark

Hey @Mrmcguire!

Yep I’ve just checked on the app and I can only see the red metal card available. I’d also assume it’s because of availability (I believe the cards are produced in the US), as their website still shows all colours:

1 Like

I upgraded last night via the app. Didn’t get prompted for the colour of the card and it defaulted to red. Immediately contacted customer services and got a reply this morning saying I can’t change it. Annoying cos the red card looks horrible to me. :frowning:

I like the red, in fact that’s the one I chose :joy:

1 Like

I was about to choose the blue one, but I felt that all the rest of my cards are blue anyway, so I picked red to make it stand out.

It looks amazing, so no complaints here :joy:

I ordered mine on the 1st, and then there was choice available, but maybe they’ve just run out of old stock for the other colors and haven’t set up their own manufacturing process yet.

2 Likes

Thanks all - think I’ll hold off on upgrading until there is some choice:)

Me too…

Ironic that only the “limited edition” red hasn’t sold out. That said, I chose red for mine anyway, as it’s the most distinctive of the three colours imho.

Id make the most of the red card, its a higher quality than the other two options.

Mine is coming apart. The plastic half is coming unstuck from the metal part. It’s in every corner, so it’s not from physical damage.

Seeing them in person the red was always the impressive clearly-metal version anyway so I don’t think you’re missing much.

I thought I wouldn’t like the red one until I saw them in real life, which completely flipped my opinion immediately.

Yes it can start to pull apart from wear, and bend / warp outward at the edges. Before my investor card, I had a red metal one that was coming apart.

They’re still fairly durable, 10x more than the original plastic cards.

But yeah treat with care, it’s not just a hunk of metal :slightly_smiling_face: