Vitracash, Curve's Competition?

I have waited for the card to become useful… but there’s always delays and bad excuses… and it seems like 3 people scattered in different places over the world are working on the project…

Now this… woke up being charged multiple hundreds of gbp.

handling someones money is a matter of trust, and this was the final nail in the coffin for me…

1 Like

@JHE i know your feelings right now.

If anyone wants to message the Data Protection officer too:

ryan @ vitracash .com

Looks like Vitracash is not free either.:man_shrugging:t2:

The really scary thing here is that they don’t seem to have a clue to what have happened, they are just telling people to e-mail them if they are affected…

No official statement or anything… it’s like 6h since cards were charged… what are they gonna blame this time… Ryans dog was ill so he couldn’t make a statement?

1 Like

Hi,

does anyone else have an invitation code for Vitracash ???

1. Get a Vitracash card
  2. Put all your cards into it (hope it will not be locked!)
  3. Link it to Curve as one of your two cards on free tier…

VitraCash has been going through their own problems at the moment. I would exercise caution.

1 Like
1 Like

When the official announcement notice is posted by someone with the title/job title Android Software Engineer even though the CEO/product manager/other high-ups have account on the board, then you need to be very wary of how much money you entrust with them.

1 Like

Or you could be happy that they’ve got the message out so people know what’s wrong. Caring about who’s put out the message strikes me as being extremely infantile.

They posted a message at least half a day after the majority of users started losing money and after a lot of posts from them.
Also, the point is that it’s unprofessional to leave this very important message to a dev.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far. If anything, it shows how small the team is - there is a major problem (security breach) - everyone is on-board and doing what needs to be done. Yes, probably CEO or COO should have posted the official response, but then again, titles are probably not that important in a small team of a startup.

2 Likes

Oh that will be extremely interesting.

I haven’t seen it clearly stated - anyone considering VitraCash, they are still as they call it in “beta”, in fact it’s much more “early alpha” state. :construction_worker_man::hammer_and_wrench: It means they have disabled all the transactions and after the recent data breach :money_with_wings: also the app. :construction: Resume - you cannot use VitraCash at all currently and despite their promises in last few months, it doesn’t seem you will be able to use it in the near future. :no_entry: Unfortunately, I cannot recommend their service in current state despite I’m with them since their very beginning (but haven’t manage to process a single transaction)… :worried:

Vitra look to have closed due to the fraud that happened…

SUBJECT: Closure of your VitraCard (“Card”).
Dear Cardholder,
We write regarding your VitraCard.
Unfortunately, the program was closed by Vitracash on 29th June 2022 (“Effective Date’) in accordance with the Card Terms and Conditions.
From the Effective Date, your Card will be cancelled, and you will no longer be able to use the Card.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the Support Team at Vitracash

Our last hope for better service has gone.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here

No, it’s just closure of the old card which will be replaced by a new one soon.
It’s just bad communication.

Vitracash closed their own forum. Pretty dumb move, imo.

1 Like

Meh whatever suits them as above do I think it was the best move they could have possibly done? Nope but it’s up to them if they want to exist in a echo chamber and apparently they do, best of luck with that.

I also like the way that they won’t send out investor relations to people who are an beneficial shareholder in a competing business. What business might THAT be?..:wink:

How can I receive investor updates?

"We will operate a more conservative approach to investor relations and will send out quarterly updates instead of involving you in day-to-day activities. If you don’t receive quarterly updates it might be because you are a beneficial shareholder in a competing business.

The next update is due on the 15th of January."

2 Likes