We’re changing how you log into Curve

Hey everyone :wave:,

We will be pushing an update to beta users which includes some important changes to our authentication / security. The changes are available to users on iOS 3.7.4 (15451) and Android 2.73.0 - please make sure you are updated to the latest version available. Note that the iOS build is still being processed by Testflight but will be with you shortly.

These changes will affect the way you login to Curve, so that it’s simpler and more secure. Rather than signing in with your email and password (or magic link), you will instead be asked to enter your mobile number and the verification code we send via SMS. When you open the app, you will see a prompt asking you to re-verify your phone number. Follow the instructions, enter your mobile number and the code that we send you. It’s as simple as that!

It would be great if you could trying logging out and back in again with the new method, just to make sure its working as we expect!

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed
3 Likes

Issue: (one-sentence summary)
The way to login didnt change from Email to Phone number login.

How to reproduce it:
Logout and login again.

Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max

App version: BETA 3.7.4 / 15451

Screenshot:

Issue: Error validating verification code! I now can’t access the app!

Device: Samsung S20 Ultra

App version: Beta 2.73.0

Hi,
I can still log in with my email address and password (or my magic link).

iPhone 12 mini - iOS 14.6 - Curve 3.7.4 (15451) Beta

1 Like

Hi Sam, mine is stuck on this screen and I have force closed 7 times…

Hi Joshua,
Are you still stuck on this screen? And are you able to access our Help section by any chance?

Guys, after confirming my phone number with SMS I was asked to create a pass code. I then got the info that “permissions are missing”, sorry I don’t have a screenshot. As I was stuck I had to force close and now I am getting “something has gone wrong” and I am stuck. See screenshot.

I’ve tried to request the verification code and that doesn’t come through…

iPhone 12 Pro Max - iOS 14.6 - Curve 3.7.4 (15451)

@Andysplash clearing app data or reinstalling will get you back to the old auth. After logging back in you are welcome try swapping over again. The verification codes seem to be failing intermittently.

1 Like

@nicb Will give that a try. Many thanks :+1:

@Curve_Sam - Still doesn’t work, even though I reinstalled the app.

I’ve sorted it now. It took a resetting my phone and another force close and I’m back to normal!

2 Likes

Hi Andrew Jacobs @Andysplash ,
We have fixed your account. Can you please try again accessing the app?
Let us know if you still have any issues.

1 Like

@Namrata Thank you very much :grin: Your fix worked :+1:

3 Likes

My problem seems to be solved, but I still don’t get text messages any ideas?

Hi @Mattia,
Are you still unable to receive SMS Code?

1 Like

Hi @HNF-01 ,
Are you still stuck on Something Went Wrong screen?
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Hi @Namrata, yes I had to remove data which is equivalent to reinstalling and relogin with magic link but the situation remains the same, SMS goes through but then could not update passcode + you do not have permissions to perform this action, force close and then something went wrong.

Hello @Namrata,

I do not receive sms from Curve.

Hi @HNF-01
We tried resetting your passcode to help you out.
Can you please try again accessing the app and see if that works for you?
Also, when you verify your phone no successfully, when you encounter Passcode screen it should be Enter Passcode not Create Passcode.