We've launched 3DS!

Your reasoning is not totally sure! Making a transaction without 3DS is like driving and crashing.

We do not give wrong information, the app is also available for Android!

I don’t think it’s a great solution! Do transactions with public Wi-Fi? Goodbye security!

Is Curve 3D Secure verification not public WiFi proof? Isn’t it just a message asking me whether I initiated the transaction and if I did confirm it with my fingerprint or face recognition?

Many sites don’t have 3DS. Take Amazon for example, it doesn’t have 3DS. :grimacing:

How is that answering my questions?

Mattia i said my bank app is only for iphone so i use curve because in the past it used shitly confirmation from the app, so I used curve to bypass. Now my bank use sms OTP who are for anyone. So i hightlight the bad solution adopted by curve like my bank did in the past. Forced to have a smartphone for every transaction. Please integrate sms token or a webinterface

Ok, now I understand better! We have the same bank, the OTP is sent via sms, I find it very convenient. Curve uses the new version of the 3DS. In the future I think you will have the same problem with buddybank. They could make the user choose how he authorizes the online transaction. I think a member of the Curve Team should answer you and clear up your doubts.

As for the web interface, it was proposed in the ideas section! You could go here to vote.

Yes. I have buddybank(italian bank) and they adopted the in-app token. I dont have anymore an iphone (i had 5s) so i could nt make 3DS online transaction, when PSD2 European regulation has joined they changed in more affordable sms token, so i dont mind if i dont have an Iphone. I can also use 3DSecure.

I used curve in past for that.

Also i use for another card called “Postepay” because it de-magnetized and i dont want to pay for having a new card

Actually i use curve for “Coffecapp” because sometimes i go to vending machine(we have only 1 Smart vending machine in our city, placed in an autowash/autolavaggio) and with bank sms OTP i loose much time. I have to switch from coffecapp to sms app, after i can loose connection and the transaction fail and also the app preauthorized 5,00€

That’s the point.

Also i use curve for withdraw

Also for Italian users? Or only UK?

Hi @Andreius.Sennin,
3DS is available to everyone.

Not used this yet, haven’t ordered online since the update so can’t really judge it yet, but I do really like getting a text sent because I use iOS it automatically picks up the code when I go to type it in the authorisation box and inputs the number for you so you don’t have to remember the code(not that it’s awfully long) also avoiding accidental mistakes when inputting. I feel like going into another app is going to add time when sometimes it’ll time out doing so.

Check the linked article in the opening post. There is no code (to remember and to enter). You just go to the Curve app and confirm, after that you are good to go (no need to enter a code).

1 Like

@philip1 and @yordan.tsanov have you found the solution to the problem? I also have this problem, no notification in the Curve app.

I’m in contact with Curve support and waiting for solution

Do transaction - asks us to go to app and log in to confirm - log in app - nothin goes !!!

Same here. I tried about 7 or 8 times, using a different combination of having the curve app running in the background or not; or clicking the notification or not. In one case, I got a popup request in the Curve app to confirm, but then when I switched back to the first app, it had auto timed out (“Confirm you wish to resubmit the page…”) and failed.

So frustrating when built in security makes a card unusable! I just use the underlying card instead, which works fine.

I made some online transaction in the past week or so, but didn’t see any sign of the 3DS.

Same here. I tried about 7 or 8 times, using a different combination of having the curve app running in the background or not; or clicking the notification or not. In one case, I got a popup request in the Curve app to confirm, but then when I switched back to the first app, it had auto timed out (“Confirm you wish to resubmit the page…”) and failed.

UPDATE! I got a reply from customer support in record time (2 mins!), asking me to delete and reinstall the app. This fixed the problem. It seems like a pain, but reinstalling is actually quicker than retrying the transaction.

1 Like

Not all merchants or banks require 3DS, not yet anyway but even when 3DS will become mandatory, you won’t necessarily be prompted on every transactions.

Shame it doesnt work properly. Tried to make a payment tonight using the curve card got asked for the 3ds clicked into the app but nothing there to accept or cancel the purchase.

Just tried this and still not working properly for me get the click here to authorise i do so a d curve app tells me that the payment had been authorised but doesnt then take me back to the site im.in a d when i go back there its still asking me to authorise the payment.

Welcome to the community @Vulturesquad!

Sorry to hear you had issues with 3DS - did you happen to take a screenshot when you noticed the error? The community has a specific section for bugs like these: https://community.curve.com/c/development/bug-report/11