What brought you to Curve?

Hi everyone,

We’d love to hear what originally interested you in signing up for a Curve account! This can be anything from a friend’s recommendation to a unique feature we offer- whatever it was, we want to know!

This information will help us to continue improving Curve for everyone with features that you most want to use and enjoy :tada:

1 Like

When I joined Curve it was so new it only had business accounts. So I had a business. (:eyes:)

I liked the idea of a card that promised to change my wallet forever. One card for everything? Let me get one and see how it works…A change to a personnel account and few years later. I think it works rather well…:grin:

2 Likes

Fairly simple - the only way to use Virgin Atlantic Credit Card with Google Pay (or whatever nomenclature Goggle currently uses).

P.s. If you thing Curve C.S. can be slow - Virgin have been “looking into” adding their card to Google for somewhere in excess of 8 years, way to go Virgin!

4 Likes

Accidentally read an MSE article about Curve. I liked the idea of linking any Visa/MasterCard and then choose which one to use for each transaction and being able to use cards that do not support Apple pay yet.

2 Likes

Originally it was to use Amex via a Mastercard. When Amex support ended I stopped using Curve.

Recently came back due to Curve providing a way to use crypto.com card account without a physical crypto.com card.

6 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

All my cards in the one place which allowed me to remove them from everywhere else.

Also started me using Google Pay NFC as setting Curve as the main card in GP means you can use any card I have with NFC (separately Google Pay NFC would only allow me to add 3 cards out of 7).

Help forums are also very handy with lots of great information from people.

1 Like

A youtube video of french influanceur talking about fintech. And he pointed out what I’ve always wanted, one credit card only in my pocket for all my card. Free without bank account! The cherry on top was GBIT. I was sold to curve right away. I just kepped my free cruve card couple of months to join the metal program. I missed the forst round of investors badly. Still missing the black investor metal card… :sob:

1 Like

Curve Pay was the only way to make NFC payments in EEA on Huawei phones without Google services.
I’m really happy with everything “extra” that I’ve got with Curve :laughing:

1 Like

As I like to travel what brought me to Curve was the possibility to spend with my points earning MasterCard and Visa while still having the great interbank exchange rate. To be able to spend more than the monthly €500 without FX fees, I bought the one time €50 (not sure anymore what I exactly paid for it) Black card (nowadays known as legacy Black).

But as you can read in the linked topic above, with Curve no longer offering interbank FX rates, but the MasterCard FX rate instead and keeping the weekend fee, this isn’t the case anymore.

The only use-cases that are left for me now are GBiT every now and then and the ability to use GooglePay contactless for my CryptoCom card.

4 Likes

The idea of having one card to represent all my cards. But I’m in the USA and I’m still waiting.

1 Like

So as a question to you then, have you invested into curve or was there prior investment opportunities prior to the public Crowdcube one? :eyes::eyes:

Nope I invested via the normal process like everybody else.

1 Like

I decided to test the waters of fintechs by signing up to Revolut, which, at that time, did not support Apple Pay. However, someone on Revolut’s community forum pointed out that you get Apple Pay support by adding a Revolut card to Curve. So I started googling what that Curve was and was astounded by the concept - one “proxy” card, GBiT - I was hooked.
Of course, the reality is a bit more complicated (outages, Wirecard snafu, understaffed and overloaded support), and now I am carrying Curve and backup card, but I still try to use Curve most of the time.

2 Likes

Apple pay, to be more clear, I saw the name curve listed as accepted card in apple pay and checked, interestingly found out its wasn’t a bank, rather a smart card management and highly inclusive payment services with a physical card plus apple pay!

However, that time I was completely indulged in the system of monzo so actually didn’t need to use curve.

But as months went on, I decided for ethical financing and to use and keep money in the shariah compliant services, found out most doesn’t have robust apple/google pay services but worked perfectly fine with curve; hence became a regular user of curve since then.

Good luck curve team.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community drnhsarja. :hugs: Thanks also for your detailed post. I hope you stay around and contribute more. :+1:

2 Likes

Three main reasons I started using Curve:
1 - Commission free FX when abroad
2 - In some countries (e.g. Australia) a number of outlets only accept debit cards, so I was free to use my Marriotts Rewards card with Curve - but also see below
3 - Can link all cards to Curve then Curve to Apple Pay

Downside:

1 - Creation has now cancelled my Marriott Rewards card. They refused to give a reason, but I am convinced it is because I used it with Curve since they stopped allowing it to be used with Curve a few months ago
2 - My preferred cards are both Amex (Platinum and BA Amex Premium) and I cannot use those with Curve.

1 Like

Having all my cards (except Amex) In one place and being able to switch payments easily and get cash back. However, I’ve already had an Amazon payment decline I’m not sure why so if I can’t get that sorted I might as well stop using it

1 Like

I owned two cards that didn’t support Apple Pay. This included my crypto.com visa. In several crypto related social media communities, curve gets mentioned quite often. When I read about the metal cards, I realised that the insurance policies are quite a great deal: more coverage for less fees than what I previously held + extra cashback was a no-brainer!

1 Like

Thank you for this amazing feedback so far everyone, this has been fantastic and please keep it coming!

@zaraeaim, sorry to hear about these declines. Have you contacted the support team so that they can investigate the problem just yet? The Curve team want to make sure you can continue spending with Curve without barriers.

1 Like