Will Curve exist in a year?

Hi all,

Bearing in mind the problems with Curve frequently expressed here, and the lack of meaningful responses from the company, I’d be interested to know how many forum members - arguably the most enthusiastic pro-Curve grouping - think Curve will still be in business in 12 months time. Comments?

8 Likes

Incidentally, I don’t think they’ll be still trading and I wondered if the Financial Ombudsman complaints will result in large fines.

3 Likes

Are there any active FOS complaints open with them?

1 Like

I think far more will take the time to complain than to praise, this might be why you see so much more of the negative side.

I’ve complained as well, but I think curve has something special at least in my Swedish market. They fixed the issues I discovered eventually.

No other card I know of lets me have a travel insurance even if didn’t also pay 75% of the trip with the card. The covered insurance (black/metal) covers just as much as far more expensive credit cards here.
No other lets me move my already completed transactions between banks. No other bank app that I have lets me upload receipts for business purchases and makes it easy to get an overview of all my purchases in one place.
No complicated points systems, just 1% cashback.

There are a few things that I appreciate actually and I’m confident Curve will still be here next year :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

No they said they are revamping the customers service for black and metal users soon

2 Likes

Where is this announced?

I hope so, I want them to succeed.

They just need to fix support issues.

3 Likes

Support told me

You’ll be pleased to hear that we’re in the process of revamping the premium service which would improve premium support we offer in the long run but in the interim there may be some slight delays as we get up to speed.

4 Likes

Curve’s killer feature is fee-free FX while also earning rewards from your underlying card. No other product (that I am aware of) offers that.

Unfortunately it’s severely undermined by the 0.5% weekend FX fee. That wipes out the credit card rewards, and since I mostly travel on weekends, this is why I have reservations about renewing Curve Metal as I honestly feel I’m paying £150 for almost nothing. Scrapping that for Metal would get me excited about Curve again.

3 Likes

Why you dont use go back in time to get rid of weekend fx fees?

3 Likes

interesting… does it work???

1 Like

I doubt it

2 Likes

https://community.curve.com/t/3-outstanding-queries-incorrect-refund-chargeback-charged-4-times-for-curve-x-subscription/44473/8?u=paul.ell

Yes. See above.

1 Like

yes I hope they cancel this for metal users what is the point lol 15 euros per month

most likely with this terrible UX. Also super confusing Curve cash, crypto rewards distinction

1 Like

Tomorrow in news “vitracash buys Curve”.
I hope not :smiley:

1 Like

I think that the most valuable asset of the company is the technology: one card for them all and GBiT, the second most valuable is the user base.
The only way Curve could cease to exist in a year’s time would be the sale of those two assets.
I would rather like to see an acquisition by another fintech or a bank.
IPO is not in sight.
So the investors basically have these options to exit.
The bad fact is that the technology is probably not worth the amount that has been invested both by big and us small investors, and due to the Articles of Association we come last when it comes to division of assets among shareholders.

2 Likes

At some point I thought that Curve is priming itself to be picked up by Apple or Google - both already have Wallets where you can keep your cards and Apple has even their own Apple Card (although it is US credit card). Curve-like service (proxy card) could be an interesting extension of Wallet related services for any of them. But lately I am not so sure.

1 Like

Well they sort of managed with Samsung Pay…

2 Likes

How is this supposed to work?