Dear Curve Customers,
Your Curve card and all associated Curve transaction and money transfer services will be temporarily suspended with immediate effect. Please be assured, we expect to be up and running again shortly but it may take a few days. Your money and card details held at Curve are safe and secure.
This has happened because the Financial Conduct Authority* has this morning suspended its permission for Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (the company who currently issues Curve Cards) to operate, without prior notice. This action is not related to Curve - but Curve currently depends on Wirecard for operation of the Curve card.
We are already well on the way to migrating away from Wirecard but have not fully completed this process. We are now working round the clock to achieve the migration as quickly as possible and therefore expect this disruption to last for only a limited period of time.
We will continue to communicate the details of what this means for you during this interim period.
For now, please carry a backup card.
We’ll be back,
*Curve currently relies on Wirecard Card Solutions Limited for all its financial transactions. Until we fully migrate, we are impacted by this suspension (as are all Wirecard’s other clients to whom they provide financial transaction services).
FOR DISCUSSION - SEE Wirecard: Discussion
Latest Update: Saturday 27 June, 3:25pm
It’s all hands on deck here at Team Curve. We are quickly progressing through the transition away from Wirecard. We can confirm that we are on track to be back up and running soon. Below are some answers to additional questions you might have.
- What if I have a dispute with a merchant that Curve is managing? – We are continuing to work through your merchant disputes as normal. Nothing has changed to this process. If a refund is due, we are still working through how this will happen and when. Rest assured we are doing all we can to enable this again and we will keep you updated here on next steps and timings.
- Curve Black and Curve Metal Insurance Benefits – For Curve Black and Metal customers, your AXA insurance policy is still active. If you are abroad, you can continue to contact AXA for support.
- Recurring payments – If you use your Curve card for any recurring payments that are due over the next few days, these will not go through. However, merchants usually follow up on failed payments several times over several days – by which time Curve should be fully operational.
- Are my card details/ Curve account safe? – Yes. All of your card and personal details are protected in the same way as they always are.
- Can I still use Apple/Google/Samsung Pay or wearables (Fitbit, Garmin) ? – Not right now. All services associated with the Curve card are temporarily suspended, and this includes Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and all wearables. Once we restart our services, these will restart at the same time.
- What happens with my refunds? – We are currently working on resolving requests for refunds. As per our previous post, we are not yet able to process these. However, we have noted that this is an important issue to resolve for some of you.
- GBIT ( Go-Back-In-Time) – At the moment you are able to access your Curve app and see your previous transactions but the Go-Back-In-Time feature will not work.
Update 28.6.20, 09:57am