About us. We’re Curve OS Limited, an English company with registration number 9523903. Our offices are at 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, WC1A 2TH, London, United Kingdom. In these Terms, “Curve”, “us” or “we” refers to Curve OS Limited, and “you” or “your” refers to users of the Curve Community website.
The Terms. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the terms on which you can use the Curve Community website (or, the “Community Site”). By completing registration for a Curve Community account, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Updates. We may make updates to these Terms and/or the Community Site to reflect any changes to the services provided. By continuing to use the Community Site, you agree to any updated Terms. If you don’t agree to our updated Terms, you should stop using the Community Site immediately.
What it’s for. The Community Site is an online forum for Curve members to provide feedback, insights and ideas, flag issues, ask questions and connect with other Curve members who are using the Community Site (our “Community Members”). We’ll also post news, updates and other information about Curve and our products and features, so you can stay ahead of the curve.
How to use it. You can sign up for a Curve Community account for free on the Community Site if you are 13 years or older. Upon completing your registration, you’ll be able to post on the forum and connect with other Community Members.
Stopping your use. You can stop your use of the Community Site at any time and deactivate your Curve Community account at any time.
Acceptable use. You can use the Community Site to:
- leave reviews, comments and feedback about your use of Curve’s products and features;
- notify us of any issues with products, features or the website; and
- communicate with other Community Members about anything Curve-related.
Your account. You’re responsible for maintaining the security of your account and all activities that occur under it. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or other breach of security. You won’t share your Community Member account information and/or password with anyone else or encourage any other Community Members to do so.
Prohibited use. We strive to foster a fun, trustworthy and healthy environment for our Community Members and will not tolerate any behaviour that puts any of those aspects at risk. You agree not to use the Community Site in any way that’s prohibited on our Community Guidelines, or as set out in these Terms.
General responsibilities. You represent and warrant that you won’t use the Community Site:
- in any unlawful, fraudulent, inappropriate, discriminatory, damaging or commercial manner (as determined by us);
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person or to falsely misrepresent yourself;
- to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of the Community Site;
- to upload any viruses, spyware, malicious software or anything else which might be harmful to us, our Community Site or any third party website;
- to collect contact information of others for the purposes of sending unsolicited communications or materials;
- to upload, distribute, modify or otherwise make publicly available any personal information of any other person, or any information, data or content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of a third party; or
- to post links to third-party websites, community groups or forums, except with our prior written consent.
Breach of the Terms. If you breach these Terms, or if we reasonably suspect that you may have breached these Terms, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to the Community Site;
- permanently stop you from accessing the Community Site;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the Community Site; and/or
- take legal action against you.
Restricting access. We may restrict or terminate your access to areas, or the entirety of, the Community Site at our discretion. You agree not to circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the Community Site.
Member Content. We encourage you to leave comments, feedback and connect with other Community Members on the Community Site. If you do, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible and liable for your conduct on the Community Site and for any feedback, comments, reviews or other material you submit to the Community Site (“Member Content”).
Publicly available. You understand and agree that Member Content will be made public, so we strongly recommend that you think carefully about what you upload. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any information that you provide on the Community Site, including any personal information.
Opinions. Member Content is displayed for information purposes only and reflects the opinions of the person making the submission. You understand that all Member Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Member Content originated, and that we have no responsibility for the accuracy, usefulness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to Member Content.
Our rights. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to review or monitor any Member Content. We may delete, edit or refuse to post any Member Content at our sole discretion for any reason and without notice to you.
Expectations. You agree, represent and warrant that your Member Content:
- is owned by you and does not violate or infringe any third party rights (such as intellectual property, privacy or confidentiality rights);
- is not spam, machine- or randomly-generated, or contains unethical or unwanted commercial content to drive traffic to third party sites, boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or other unlawful acts (such as phishing);
- is not being advertised through unwanted electronic messages (such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs, websites or similar unsolicited promotional methods); and
- is true, complete, accurate and not misleading where it relates to facts, or is genuinely held where it relates to an opinion.
Our IP. The Community Site contains content which is owned, and will continue to be owned, by us, including logos, the information, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. These Terms do not grant you any licence, title or right in any of our intellectual property.
Third party IP. Any other trademarks, graphics, logos or other intellectual property of third parties that are connected with the Community Site are owned, and will continue to be owned, by that third party. These Terms do not grant you any licence, title or right in a third party’s intellectual property.
Member Content. You will retain ownership of any Member Content you provide us. However, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free and unlimited licence to use, modify and publish Member Content in any manner for our own purposes. We may also display an attribution link footer, such as ‘Powered by imaginecurve.com’, to your Member Content.
Copyright infringement. If you believe that material on or linked to the Community Site violates your copyright, please notify us using the email address at the end of this policy. We’ll respond promptly and take appropriate action.
No warranty. We don’t make any promises, guarantees, warranties or representations (express or implied) in relation to the data, material and information on the Community Site and Member Content. The Community Site is provided ‘as is’, and we aren’t liable or responsible for any harm you may suffer while using the Community Site.
Disclaimer. We aim to make the Community Site a helpful, fun and interactive forum. However, we can’t guarantee that the Community Site or the content it contains is:
- not offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable;
- free from errors;
- not infringing or violates any privacy or intellectual property rights of third parties; or
- free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology
We also cannot promise the uninterrupted access or availability of the Community Site or Member Content.
Links to the Community Site. The Community Site may include links to third party websites, and third party websites may link to the Community Site. We are not required to review, have no control over, or endorse the content of these third party websites. You agree to use any third party websites at your own risk and acknowledge that we have no responsibility for any harm you may suffer when using them.
Compatibility. You’re responsible for making sure the hardware you use is compatible with the Community Site, which will be at your own cost.
Exclusions. We’re not liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of or corruption of data. We’re also not liable to you for any losses or damages arising from:
- any inability to access or use the Community Site or Member Content;
- your use of the Community Site or Member Content;
- your reliance on any content or materials displayed on the Community Site; or
- any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with the Community Site or Member Content.
Your liability. You will be liable to us for any damage, loss, claim, demand, liability or expense (including reasonable legal fees) that we may suffer arising out of or in connection with your conduct on the Community Site, how you use our services and/or your Member Content.
Limits of liability. We will not be liable to you for any amounts for any claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
What’s not excluded. We do not exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for our fraud, or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Indemnity. You agree to reimburse (or ‘indemnify’) us for any losses or damages we suffer as a result of your use of the Community Site, including your breach of these Terms.
Events outside our control. We won’t be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of our obligations under these Terms which is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
Relationship of the parties. These Terms do not constitute, establish or imply any partnership, joint venture, agency or employment relationship between you and us.
Invalidity. If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms will remain valid and enforceable.
Waiver. Where we do not exercise any right we have under these Terms, this does not mean we have waived that right and may exercise it at a later date.
Survival. Any provision of these Terms which is intended to remain in force on or after the expiry or termination of these Terms will remain in full force after expiry or termination.
Entire agreement. These Terms are the entire agreement between us. Anything outside of these Terms, such as discussions or other agreements, is superseded by these Terms.
Applicable law. Any dispute arising from these Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any arising dispute.
Contact us. lf you have any questions, feedback or a complaint about the Community Site, please contact us at email@example.com
Updates. This document was last updated on 31 March 2021.